šŸŒ‹ The Lazarus Planet Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) šŸŒ‹

I am less than excited for Lazarus Planet. With that said, my comic shop put it in my pull list and I didnā€™t realize it until I got home. Well, that first issue has me in on this. I like that it features characters that usually get the back seat. Granted, I havenā€™t finished Dark Crisis yet but that is on my to do list with hopes of staying somewhat current on LP.

I still donā€™t think an event is needed the month after Dark Crisis ended but this is fun.

6 Likes

I think the in-general event discussion is relevant to this event. The fact that people arenā€™t excited for what I thought was an exciting and fun read (I am not a fan of the idea of another event, myself) is a huge part of this event. I can imagine this being featured on some YouTuberā€™s channel in a year or two from now discussing how it was good but no one cared because of event fatigue.

4 Likes

Lazarus Planet is helping launch Dawn bec the 20 anthology stories in the middle part of Lazarus Planet are leading to the Dawn. For example, the jon kent anthology story leads into his solo title. For example, the power girl anthology story leads into her solo stories in Action Comics. Looks like Omen is a guest star in the power girl anthology story. In Action Comics, both Power Girl and Omen are getting new costumes with pants (some memo probably got sent out recommending pants and many are now switching to pants).

5 Likes

That is fine but it doesnā€™t change the fact that this another multi-month event a month after a huge event. I enjoyed the first LP book and I am sure I will be getting the others, except for Monkey Prince as I never had any interest in that character to begin with.

6 Likes

The 20 anthology stories in the middle part of Lazarus Planet are probably quite independent from each other and probably not even strongly tied to Lazarus Planet Alpha and Lazarus Planet Omega. For example, the Vigil project of Ram V is being promoted in both detective comics and in 1 of the 20 anthology stories. My guess is the Vigil project of Ram V is not really that strongly related to either batman or Lazarus Planet main event, except for marketing considerations.

3 Likes

Youā€™re missing out on a GREAT story and character, IMO. Very fun and very involved in Lazarus Planet (as youā€™ve already seen). When he tells Black Alice he has stories about Robinā€¦he ainā€™t lying and they are fantastic!

I loved @HubCityQuestionā€™s article ā€˜Twelve Unanswered Questions From Lazarus Planet: Alphaā€™ and will be at my comic shop when they open tomorrow to get Lazarus Planet: Assault on Krypton (I opted for the 1:25 variant shown below). So far Iā€™m really liking this event and the tie-ins to Batman vs. Robin, Monkey Prince, Batman/Superman: Worldā€™s Finest and Superman: Son of Kal-El have been solid so far.

Screenshot 01-17-2023 00.39.53

4 Likes

Just read Lazarus Planet: Assault on Krypton #1 and the new characters have begun, as have the alterations to existing characters! Like what Iā€™ve seen so far - especially Ash who looks like a combination of Guy Gardner and Constantine.

Also read Monkey Prince #10 which came out today but definitely should be read BEFORE Lazarus Planet: Alpha #1 if possible. One thing about Marcus - heā€™s very much a teenage boy in his reactions to things, to attractive women and his enthusiasm to act first and think later!

5 Likes

I caved and read both Lazarus Planet issues today. Iā€™m sold. Very entertaining. For the folks who were on the fence because of event fatigue like me, go ahead and dig in.

5 Likes

:sparkles: :fireworks: Happy Birthday :fireworks: :sparkles:, @moro! :partying_face:

I had no idea that we were only 3 days apart. Quite swell, indeed!

Have an excellent special day, fellow Kryptonian! :superman_hv_4:

Onto Lazarus Planet:

I forgot Monkey Prince #10 was a tie-in, so hereā€™s a look at its covers:

Main/A cover, by Bernard Chang.

B cover, by Ejikure.

C cover, by Audrey Mok.

Monkey Prince has been an Ultra read for me (that Iā€™m ridiculously behind on :joy:). As such, the only issues Iā€™m buying as they drop at retail are those tying into Lazarus Planet.

On that note, I got to my comic shop at the perfect time yesterday (Tuesday), as they only had one copy of #10 left andā€¦it was the cover I wanted, the Ejikure variant, which is quite :superman:uper.

I havenā€™t read Planet Krypton (bought the A cover BTW, as I canā€™t resist anything with Superman Blue, regardless of who it is, at cover price) just yet, but its in The Stack for this week, so Iā€™ll get to it after other :superman:uper reads cough Worldā€™s Finest #11 cough.

5 Likes

happy birthday

5 Likes

Thank you :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you @Vroom :pray:. Maybe that explains our shared fixation on Supes :grin:

3 Likes

But of course, mon ami! :superman_hv_4:

:smile: As Bugs Bunny says, ā€œMmmā€¦could be!ā€

It may also explain our united affinity for collecting, especially when it comes to Super Powers.

3 Likes

I will likely read this at some point

3 Likes

For the 20 anthology stories in the middle of lazarus planet, looks like they not only showcase newer heroes, but also showcase newer writers and newer artists.

2 Likes

Assault on Krypton was a good book. I wish LP was a monthly anthology book that focused on different corners of the Dcu. It is what it is and this was a fine inclusion. I am excited for Power Girl to be gracing the pages of Action Comics as this story has me wanting more!

4 Likes

I looked at the ram V twitter and looks like Vigil is coming out in 2023.

3 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to it

3 Likes

Looks like the Lazarus Planet Aquaman anthology story leads into an Aquaman title.

2 Likes

Lazarus Planet: We Once Were Gods makes it retail debut today, January 24th! :partying_face:

Hereā€™s a peek at the A and B covers:

A cover, by David Marquez.

B cover, by Dave Johnson.

What are your :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: expectations for the latest chapter of Lazarus Planet, and whatā€™s your cover choice for the book?

4 Likes