The Lanterns - Discussion Thread

The Lanterns just got some very exciting news from James Gunn over on Threads!

For those that don’t know, Damon Lindelof was the creator of the series ‘Watchmen’ that aired on HBO and HBO Max a few years back. Chris Mundy was the showrunner for ‘Ozark’ on Netflix. Those two men being involved, along with Tom King, who we all know is one of DCs best writers, and James Gunn has me VERY excited for this show!

9 Likes

Lost also, right?

5 Likes

That is a STACKED writer’s room. I haven’t watched Ozark, but I’ve heard good things. Definitely nice to hear about the other shows in the DCU, feels like a sign of good things to come. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Correct!

6 Likes

Cool! I love Lost and Watchmen. I have heard good things about Ozark, although I only watched the first few episodes. I never could get past the fact that it doesn’t look like, well, the Ozarks (it was filmed in Georgia).

6 Likes

I have been hearing that this series will be made soon for years now. I will have no more excitement until a trailer is finally out.

4 Likes

Im from arkansas and my brother and I always joke that arkansas movies are all about crime and drugs.

5 Likes

What I think is funny is that Ozark is a crime drama, but the only two shows set in St. Louis and KC I can think of are sitcoms (The John Laroquette Show and Malcolm & Eddie respectively)!

4 Likes