The Lantern Corps

I would put myself sometimes in the yellow corps, but mostly indigo.
Favorite lantern would have to be Indigo-1/Iroque. I like the whole idea that even though compassion is a bit forced in beginning, eventually through indigo light a convicted murderer of Arin Sir Abin Surs daughter was reformed and she truly felt remorse for all the bad deeds she committed and willingly accepted the ring to restore indigo tribe. It says a lot when she had every reason to return to her old life and escape Nok like black hand when Natromo shut the battery down. Now instead of being forced, she willingly commits herself to helping others.
I quite enjoy the green lantern animated series, I think the three part arc series went through captures the essence of the corps part well and I hope they renew that for a second season.
As for books, I think Geoff Johns work for green lanterns is essential reading for any lantern fans. What he did for lanterns in building the different lantern corps, the war of light, blackest night, and brightest day helped build and center mythos for the world that Green Lantern is in. I also enjoy the various spinoff series that his work spawned like red lanterns and larfleeze.
I also relatively enjoyed the Ryan Reynolds green lantern film, I didnā€™t think it was superb, but I thought it was a great story and Ryan Reynolds did a great job for what he was given. Mark Strong to me is sinestro. He nailed that part.
And excited for the new HBO green lantern series.

1 Like

I do quite like the Indigo tribe. The mysteriousness of it is enticing, and the rehabilitation angle makes it so much more unique than the other corps. The teleporting seems a little strange (especially since they are the only ones that can do it), but Iā€™m a sucker for teleportation, so whatever.

1 Like

Iā€™d probably be in either yellow or red, although I might end up being green. As my little picture to the side clearly shows, I love Larfleeze so much! My favorite moment would probably be in Blackest Night where Lex Luthor and Larfleeze are fighting over the orange lantern.

1 Like

I just started reading Green Lantern Rebirth for the first time. We are doing the electromagnetic spectrum in science class and it put me in the mood to read some GL for the first time. I donā€™t know what the colors mean though

2 Likes

This was a great moment. I also like when Larfleeze learns of Santa Claus.

2 Likes

This rebirth from 2010 or this one from 2016?

1 Like

@GL-Batophobia 2010

1 Like

This should be interesting!

1 Like

crap i didnt know there was a 2010 rebirth, so ty i am catching up on what DC U has for that.

1 Like

The next watchalong is coming up!

Hello! Iā€™m Patrick
Which color of the spectrum would you put yourself in?
Green, it used to be Blue but hope without the will to make it happen is stagnant.
Do you have a favorite character from any of the lantern corps?
Itā€™s a toss up between Hal & Kyle.
Whatā€™s your favorite instance of lantern-related movie/comic/game/tv show?
Love the Animated Green Lantern series, and comic related is Geoff Johns hands down. Movie is New Frontier.
Been an avid DC comics fan for a very long time.
Glad to be here.

2 Likes

My New Green Lantern Corps ring from UAB, the color is actually not as dark in person as in the photograph, and here is the kicker, I was at one point majoring in photography so in theory I should have known how to properly photograph this to get the true color.

Anyhow, I ordered this in Dec of 2019, TWO months later I finally got it, the guy gets swamped , does this work by himself, and wont send a half @ssed product which caused the wait, because he had to recoat my ring. Wont chip and it has some weight to it, which i found surprising. This is his own design, and since he isnā€™t licensed he canā€™t label it as a Green Lantern Ring. ANYHOW

PICS

Private message me if you donā€™t know UAB and want info on em and etc.

3 Likes

Itā€™s beautiful! I kinda want an orange one so it can be one-of-a-kind and all MINE!

But I want an orange ring more than you do, and I wonā€™t be denied!

1 Like

Anyone reading Far Sector ???

Iā€™m looking forward to that one (hopefully) coming to DCU.

1 Like

Iā€™d put myself in blue cause Iā€™m always hoping for the best

My favorite character would have to be kilowog

My favorite movie would have to be first flight

1 Like

To be quite honest I have no idea what corps would have me
My all time favorite character out of all the corps is John Stewart
I know its super recent but this issue made me cry I know cliche and it encompasses everything I love about what a green lantern comic can be Green Lantern issue 7 by Grant Morrison

1 Like

Might I post a bit of fan fiction to see if I could get some feedback from some corps members themselves

Thatā€™s fine by me. I wouldnā€™t make a massive-block-of-text post on this thread, but you could start your own thread or maybe have a link to it on Google Drive or GitHub or wherever you keep things.

1 Like