The Lantern Corps

Geoff Johns entire run, starting with Green Lantern Rebirth is amazing! Sinestro Corps War, Blackest Night, War of the Green Lanterns are all great GL stories

4 Likes

Alright. I will go check it out!

1 Like

Which color of the spectrum would you put yourself in?

Iā€™d like to not think I would be orange, but many days I am.

Do you have a favorite character from any of the lantern corps?

Larfleeze always seems so funny to me.

Whatā€™s your favorite instance of lantern-related movie/comic/game/tv show?

The Blackest Night storyline always looked super interesting to me. Also, I feel like Iā€™m one of the few people who doesnā€™t think Ryan Reynolds did a bad job of playing Hal Jordan. Not to mention they did a perfect job of casting Sinestro In that movie and no one ever talks about it.

1 Like

I am a indigo lantern, my favorite lantern character is Jessica Cruz, as she is inspiring because she got past her anxiety to become the hero she is now. My favorite Lantern incorporation in any media source is Green Lantern First Flight, as it contains the accurate story of Hal Jordanā€™s origin but has its own originality.

2 Likes

Jessica is a refreshing GL. Her constructs are unique and interesting. Like, you have her slap a guy with a fish and suit up in intricate armor.

I also really like the relationship she has with her ring. The J-Bird thing made her special and really helped portray her as different than the other human lanterns.

2 Likes

I would definitely say I would probably be in the indigo tribe.

Might be cliche but I will always love Hal Jordan the best. Stubborn idiot always trying to do the right thing. Usually by leaping before he looks. My kinda guy.

Love any green lantern comic by Geoff Johns. I especially am a fan of the new 52 stories, especially with him and Sinestro working together again. Their dynamic is hilarious.

1 Like

Finally a Latern Corps,

Anyone here reading The Far Sector ? I find it interesting, in that it is a bit more of a detective story.
How bout anyone reading Season 2 of Green Lantern, that is coming off of Blackstars ? Looks like Hal was given an upgrade with his lantern and in turn has some new things he can do with the ring, though it isnā€™t established yet if it translates to the entire corps. ( also with the season 2 , there is a brief Mama June brought back from way back , which I only know about because I have a T.P that includes the story )

Geoff Johns has been killing it with the Corps, and the new Author for Far Sector she is slaying as well.

I am Green through n through, Hal is always a cool character, I think my fav might be Guy Gardner because he is a bit of dbag with this idgaf attitude at times. Though I would have to consider myself a mix, between Jessica Cruz with her anxiety and constantly working to overcome that aspect of her life and Gardner. What I really like about the idea of these Corps, is once you are chosen that is it youā€™re in. Training aside of course. An I find it fun at times to clue people new to DC comics that see my Green Lantern Corps shirt, and go AH HAL JORDAN AWESOME an I am like woah woah, it is The GREEN LANTERN CORPS, not the HAL JORDAN CORPS.

( side thought, anyone read the word Corps, and feels like spelling it corpse , and then wanting to re spell it Core / #stayinschool )

I got a pretty good collection of T.P on the Green Lantern Corps, from The Sinestro Corps Wars, Blackest Night, into Rebirth.

Anyone see that one Green Lantern in the Blackstars storyline, dude was a walking Volcano ! That, tripped me out, took me a while to look that one over and absorb wtf I was looking at.

2 Likes

No love for Dex-Starr?

HA are you kidding, I love Dex-Starr, If my cat wouldnā€™t scratch the %$^* outta me iā€™d put a red lantern ring on her tail and a lil red lantern shirt.

I should still do it. I wouldnā€™t live through it but it would be worth it. lmfao as she is living up to the rage of the ring and taking it out all on me.

1 Like

Far Sector canā€™t get added to DCU soon enough. Iā€™m super excited for it.

2 Likes

Probably greenā€¦ until I smell a Cinnabon.

Hal is my favorite Green Lantern, but I think I find Carol Ferris more interesting. I actually find the violet corps really interesting, especially because it seems like love is often portrayed as being twisted out of itā€™s pure form. I loved how Carol challenged this in Geoff Jonhsā€™ run. I also think her balance between running Ferris Air, wanting to be a pilot, and being a cosmic hero could be explored more. She typically is shown choosing to be on Earth and putting down the ring for her responsibilities, and thatā€™s a very different outlook on superpowers than a lot of other characters. Although, I do wish that she got called to heroics more oftenā€¦

Geoff Johnsā€™ run was awesome. Iā€™m partial to origins, so Secret Origin stands out to me. I also really like Blackest Night (Iā€™d love a movie/series for this!).

1 Like

Our first event is coming up!

3 Likes

Here is an interesting question I was thinking of the other day. Everybody knows the Green Lantern oath, but how many people know the oaths for any of the other lanterns?

Iā€™ve recently begun watching the Green Lantern animated series for the first time. This is where Iā€™ve heard the red lantern oath, although I actually first heard it in Mortal Kombat 11 because Atrocitus recites it during a special move. So who among us knows the other lantern oaths? Letā€™s see how many we know.

1 Like

Ya know, ya got me on this one, I know that the Fear Lanterns ( Sinestro Corps ) is sort of the reverse of the GLC, In Blackest Day In Brightest Night, something about your fears brought to light, i think, something something something Sinestros Might.

Orange Lanterns I am almost certain is something like, Whatā€™s yours is Mine and MINE AN MINE AN MINE !

An I honestly have no clue on the rest. I could look it up but that would be cheating.

Does anyone know if HBOs GL show is going to be Animated or Real actors ?

Also in the comics, Blackest Night we saw how the Guardians minus Ganthet and Sayd, were pretty much aholes who to me seemed really detached from the Corps to the point of being unapproachable by Corps Members, fast forward we are now breaking away from Green Lantern / Blackstars into Season 2 and being introduced to brand new Guardians. First, I am wondering if we are going to see a repeat of the Guardians being an problem for the Green Lantern Corps, I kind of expect them to be to a degree because with any leadership change there usually is. But I am wondering If we will see the same thing happen with the Guardians being more of a setback for the Corps than a benefit. So , curious on others take so far.

PS CHEAT SHEET OR ANSWER SHEET ON THE OATHS

https://comicbooked.com/lantern-oaths/

Also, anyone else look at the Red Lantern Corps , as not really bad guys in the normal sense of the term. But were starting out as ones who took on extreme forms of revenge . But I think now they are more so your normal bad guys.

2 Likes

Hang on, I got this:

In blackest day, in brightest night;
Beware your fears made into light.
Let those who try to stop whatā€™s right;
Burn like [my/his] power: Sinestroā€™s might!

I think Orange was:

Whatā€™s mine is mine;
And mine and mine;
And mine and mine and mine;
NOT YOURS!

ā€¦ But I think I might have the second line wrong.

I know scattered lines from most of the others but I donā€™t think I remember any other full oaths. Well, except for:

And I shall shed my light over dark evil, for the dark things cannot stand the light: the light of the Green Lantern!

And:

In sharpest din or hush profound;
My ears catch evilā€™s slightest sound.
Let those who toll out evilā€™s knell;
Beware my power: the F-Sharp Bell!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll never manage the Indigo oath, but it definitely includes Abin Sur and nok

Introduce yourself below:
Realistically speaking Iā€™d probably be red but Iā€™d like to be green :joy:
Kyle Rayner (I feel like he is slept on A LOT)
I like JL War when Hal rushes Darkseid and just ends up getting knocked away. Or in Death of Superman when Barry and Hal are poking fun of Bats for a parent teacher conference.

4 Likes

Yea they made Kyle a bit OP with the White Lantern stuff. Then again, Baz had some ridiculous things towards the beginning of his induction, and Hal is just ridiculous. Of all the humans, Kyle is probably my favorite. being an artist, his constructs can be interesting and clever instead of planes/guns/boxing gloves.

1 Like

Has anyone ever been able to translate the indigo oath to English in any fashion?

The closest Iā€™ve seen is someone passing it through Google Translate several times here, and they came up with:

Dream-gate shade, and living wall,
Natromo returns to watch the gap from within.
Having Lantern-vessels of Abin Sur,
Enough playing games - from right now on!

1 Like