The Lantern Corps

I think I have that one too, I’m missing the Crisis expansion with the Crime Syndicate on the box, though.

2 Likes

Me!

2 Likes

Hey, just joined. In answer to the questions…

-To be honest, I don’t think I have enough intense emotion to join any of the Corps. Maybe I can use my love of Horror to become a Black Lantern :thinking:
-John Stewart was the first GL I was exposed to, have to love him. But Jessica Cruz has been an instant favorite of mine as well.
-The first GL focused material I came across was Blackest Night and that still holds a soft spot in my heart.

Also, I don’t think I’ve read as much GL material as most of you. My reading history only goes back to when Hal was brought back to life & the creation of Parallex the entity. But I think I’ve read everything since then

1 Like

You might be surprised. When I first joined DCU, I had only read the Blackest Night (and issues leading up to it), which is still my favorite storyline. Since then, I’ve caught up the lantern stuff since then, but I plan on going to older ones eventually.

Currently, I’m working through the various “Crisis” events. Just finished Flashpoint, which was alright, but I kinda feel like watching the show ruined the surprise ending.

At first, I was kinda “meh” about her, but she really grew on me. I’d consider her one of my favorites.

2 Likes

I think both Hal Jordan and John Stewart are getting new ongoing titles. Is there going to be an official discussion thread for the group once they come out?

3 Likes

Absolutely. I’ve been debating on making discussions for Ultra-only content, but decided why not. It’s the latest lantern content we’ve got.

2 Likes

What do y’all think of Nathan Fillion being cast as Guy Gardner?

2 Likes

I’ve always liked Nathan Fillion. I am a huge fan of Firefly. I think he will do a good job.

1 Like

I don’t doubt that he has the skills to do it. But I was admittedly thrown off. He just looks more like a Hal. Plus maybe he is a tad on the old side. I always thought of Guy as someone in his thirties. But looking forward to how he is used

3 Likes

His age is the one caveat that I have about Nathan Fillion playing Guy. He’s 52. I always pictured Guy as being in his thirties.

I just hope Guy is as much a loveable A-hole as he normally is

1 Like

I think Nathan Fillion could do a great Guy Gardner. At the very least, we can compare it to his portrayals of Hal in the animated Death of Superman series of movies

2 Likes

Question - can anyone explain how the GLC got restored after Hal Jordan went berzerk during Emerald Twilight? I jumped on with the Rebirth mini-series that brought Hal back to life and by that point everything about the Corps seemed to have been restored

1 Like

Essentially, Kyle Rayner happens. He is the last GL for a while, but eventually learns of the Corps and decides to restart it.

1 Like

Ok, but how does that mean some people that were wiped out by Hal are brought back? I remember later on that Hal ran into old Lanterns that still remember when he was posessed by Paralax

1 Like

Which Green Lantern trades do y’all think are the best to have?

1 Like

A number of ways old lanterns come back. Kyle becomes Ion, basically a God, and brings things back. There are a number of universe resets, like Flashpoint. Then there’s general comic trickery, like Kilowog becoming the Dark Lantern.

2 Likes

Wait…Kilowog became WHAT?

2 Likes

It’s from the one-shot: The Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan
Unfortunately not on DCUI, but it’s been requested a couple times. If it ever gets added, I’ll make a club reading for it.

2 Likes

I read the first issue of the John Stewart War Journal book and it is pretty good. It still bugs me they are keeping secret what happened between the last Green Lantern book and the start of the new Hal Jordan Green Lantern book. I get that the Corps was reorganized under the United Planets, but I’m missing out on WHY and HOW. Last I remember, the Corps was restored at the end of the previous GL book but now they completely turned it upside down again

4 Likes