The Krypton Season Two Hype Machine

Five days to go!

Who’s hyped?

1 Like

I just get a kick out of the idea that the SyFy née SciFi network is organized enough to operate a hype machine

I still get a kick out of the idea that the Sci-Fi Channel thought “Syfy” would make the channel more appealing to non-nerds.

Leonard of The Big Bang Theory was spot on in his analysis of the spelling modification: “It’s just siffy!”

charges the Hype Machine’s battery

Four days to go!

I had watched a few episodes on the SyFy app and thought it was okay. Picked it back up here, and it got better as the season progressed. Hopefully that continues.

I don’t understand this Zod confusion, but I’m going to helpfully break things down anyway:
In the original timeline from which both Adam and Zod came, Lyta was pregnant by natural means - a result of her sexual relationship with Seg - when Brainiac arrived on Krypton and ripped Kandor City from the ground, but was unaware of that fact at the time. After surviving the failed battle to save Kandor from Brainiac, Lyta relocated to Kryptonopolis with other survivors and learned she was pregnant, eventually giving birth to Dru and keeping the identity of his father a secret from him by feeding him a false story about his lineage. She also grew bitter and withdrawn as a result of failing to save Kandor, and her relationship with Dru mirrored that of the relationship she had had with her own mother.

It is unclear what Seg may have known about Lyta’s pregnancy, but my personal opinion is that she and he drifted apart after the taking of Kandor - probably due to her becoming withdrawn and bitter - and he therefore never knew that he was Dru’s father.

@DigificWriter Thank you for your clarification.

Making sense of Krypton’s timey wimey-ness of certain story elements is one thing that keeps the show alive in our minds after we’ve finished watching it.

Three days to go!

DVR set to “stun” record!! Lobo please don’t hurt me!

As a follow-up to my earlier post, here’s a breakdown of the rest of General Zod’s life in the original timeline and what led him to come back in time:
As he grew up being trained by Lyta to be a “Krypton-first” ‘weapon’, Dru at some point became friends with his half-brother Jor-El (although both men were more than likely unaware of their familial connection), but ended up on opposite sides of an ideological divide probably centered on what Jor learned about Krypton’s stability and the best way to try and save the planet, a division that ultimately ended with Jor sentencing Dru to imprisonment in the Phantom Zone.

Although we don’t know exactly how long Dru spent in the Phantom Zone, he ultimately escaped with the unwitting assistance of Val-El (unknowingly his paternal great-great grandfather) and encountered Jor’s son Kal/Clark Kent (unknowingly his half-nephew), with whom he developed an emnity due to his belief that Kal/Clark had abandoned his Kryptonian heritage.

We don’t know how many times Kal/Clark and Dru fought one another before Dru decided to go back in time, but it had to have been enough for Dru to be labeled as Kal/Clark’s “greatest enemy”.

1 Like

Two days to go!

Feel the hype flow through you. It is your destiny.

1 Like

Now nobody talk about the show, I plan on waiting until it’s on this app and I don’t want to hear any spoilers.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to Lobo :skull_and_crossbones:

I’m not sure what’s going on in Seg’s love life. Hopefully that’ll get figured out this season.

More Adam Strange, please!

1 Like

@msgtv
Me too! I second the call for no spoilers! So excited for season 2 :smiley:

3 Likes

I third the call for no spoilers. I want to be able to enjoy this not have it spoiled by others.

3 Likes

The Main Man doesn’t like spoilers either.

He loves dolphins (space or otherwise) though. Just loves 'em!

1 Like

Poll Time!

There will be a discussion unit of some kind for season two. The matter at hand is, how do folks want to discuss the season as it unfolds?

Do you want:

A. A thread without spoilers that will cover the whole season as it airs.

B. A thread with spoilers that will cover the whole season as it airs.

C. Individual threads that will cover each episode as they air.

My preference is to do one thread (I’m heavily leaning towards the spoiler variety) that serves the whole season. That way if people come in late, they can go back through the thread and catch up on things rather than seeking out individual threads.

Get your vote on Kandorians and lemme know =)

Only posts that shall be allowed are thumbs up, happy faces or poo. This from The Spoiler Containment Center. Follow the SCC guidance, for your own digital safety.

No matter the Preference of The People, I can guarantee that The Spoiler Containment Unit will be 100% free of Walter Peck (played by William Atherton).

That pencil neck, marshmallow covered bonehead knows what he did to the Ghostbusters’ Containment Unit and how that worked out.

looks at Peck Yeah, you do Peck, you son of a…hey don’t run away! Oh, he got beaned by Slimer! Good.

Anyway…let me know your thoughts on the poll, you jiffy Jax-Ur fans, you!

1 Like

My vote goes to Option B.