The Kent's Home Poll

170px-Jonathan_and_Martha_Kent_(circa_2009)
We all love The Kents, they’re the kind of people that you would want as your next door neighbor. If somebody someday were to re-write about the Kents living in Smallville Kansas, where should they live?

Kent’s Home
  • The Farm
  • The Ranch

0 voters

:superman:

9 Likes

Personally I prefer the Farm

7 Likes

farm. in my head ranch has more of a corporate business connotation whereas farm is more of a small business thing

5 Likes

ive never seen the ranch and it’s not even on the DC wiki page so i gotta go with the farm

2 Likes

can someone send me a photo of the ranch

2 Likes

It’s like a farm, but it’s living in a country with horses. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It has to do with size. If you only have 10 acres you have a farm. If you have hundreds of acres you have a ranch.

Some people think it is what you produce animals versus agriculture. But I am in the camp of the size of the operation.

2 Likes

There is definitely a different feel on a farm vs a ranch. I feel like a ranch is a little more hands on and you have to keep control of the animals on the day to day whereas a farm you’re a little more hands off the majority of the time at least for the animals. If it’s mainly a corn or wheat type farm then it’s even more hands off since your using machinery to tend the fields. For the Superman mythos, for me, I think the more passive approach is better for supes. If he was on a ranch and needing to control the herds he might end up a little more forward and aggressive as a hero. Just my opinion and no reflection on real farmers or ranchers since they usually do both!

2 Likes

When I think Kansas I think farms rather than ranch. I don’t think I ever read anything where they own ranch. I’d be curious to read one!

2 Likes