The Kent Farm | Series Discussion Master Thread | Smallville Fan Club

I have! StarKid Productions makes some great musicals and Lauren Lopez is a gem. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I love them! Have you seen The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals?! It’s my favorite!

5 Likes

I have! My favorite is definitely Firebringer closely followed by any part of the Harry Potter trilogy, though Holy Musical B@tman! and The Trail to Oregon! are quite good as well. :fire:

5 Likes

they’re all great! BTW I finished the essay with 10 minutes to spare.

5 Likes

Very nice! :superhero:

i7ccslc

5 Likes

The Black Friday sale for Hulu subscription today is $12 for one year with ads.

I just signed up and I’ll be joining these happy watch along starting with Season 3 as planned!

@Bar-El

5 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: that’s amazing!! This Saturday is the Amy Adams episode! What a great time to jump on board!

5 Likes

It’s like the fun Dollar Theaters of my early married life in Philadelphia… for a mere $0.99 a month of Smallville

5 Likes

How I finish watching Smallville in two month? Watch 4-6 episodes per day, a few times I did push it up to 8-12 episodes! After watching that many your eyes will be like this!:flushed: And your brain will be like this :exploding_head:
My advice stick to 4-6 episodes watching, it’s saver that way.:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I went to work a few days like :flushed::yawning_face::exploding_head:😵‍💫:sleeping: it’s definitely one of those shows that makes you play the next one immediately.

5 Likes

My Favorite Episode, is the Series Finale!
It’s Right Up There with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Star Trek Next Generation, Charmed, Supernatural and the Vampire Diaries Series Finales!
As Far as I’am Concerned One of the Best Ever!

My Favorite Characters are All of Them!
Especially Lois Lane, Lana Lang and Chloe Sullivan!
I, Of Course Also Liked Kal El, Ma and Pa Kent, Pete Ross!

Too Bad, They Didn’t Have Bruce Wayne and Batman Pass Through Smallville!

5 Likes

I think the writers didn’t want any other really popular superheroes other than Clark.

They used Impulse instead of The Flash, they completely nerfed Aquaman, they barely used Black Canary.

I feel like I’m going on a rant so I’ll stop right after my next point:

I think they made Green Arrow their version of Batman.

5 Likes

A Lot of People, In General, Feel That Green Arrow, is Copying Batman!
That’s Why Green Arrow Has the Arrow Car!
I Wish That the Arrow Car Would Have Appeared On Smallville or Arrow!

I, Loved That Zatanna Zatara Was On Smallville!
I, Wish That Green Lantern, the Flash and Wonder Woman Would Have Been On Smallville!

I, Agree That the Writers of Smallville Were Afraid of Superman, Also Known as Kal El and Clark Kent, Would Have Been Upstaged On Smallville!
They, Forget Nobody In the D.C. Universe Upstages Clark Kent, Kal El or Superman!

Except Maybe, Shazam!
According Too the Internet Shazam is Twice as Popular as Superman!

5 Likes

Actor Tom Welling Said On D.C. Fandome, D.C. Comics Day, That He Wishes They Had Bruce Wayne On Smallville!

Also, I Wish They Had Ultra Humanite, Lord Satanis and His Wife Syrene On Smallville!
Also It Would Have Been Good Too Have the Prankster, Atomic Skull and His Wife On Smallville!

That Is Atomic Skull and His Wife In Their Old Costumes!

Never Mind the Fact, That I Would Have Had It Been Lex Luthor’s Clone Blown Up and Not the Real Lex Luthor!

Michael Rosenbaum Was A Magnificent Lex Luthor On Smallville!

5 Likes

I Would Have Loved Too Have Seen the Batmobile, Arrow Car and Super Car On Smallville!
Then We Could Have Discussions About Which Is Best!
Never Mind the Bat Jet, Arrow Plane and Wonder Woman’s Invisible Plane!

5 Likes

When they first planned the show, they were actually planning it for Batman not Superman. As they were working through concepts and ideas, they realized there was something to Superman’s story that really worked and took off with that idea instead! That makes me even more surprised that they never brought Batman into the world at some point. I know DC had a Bat-embargo going on at some point so maybe it’s a result of that. I know the (Aaron?) Knight character was a Batman red herring but you both are right, they basically used GA as the stand in for a Batman archetype. They do finally bring in the Gotham stuff in the comics in addition to the GL Corps and WW. If you haven’t read them you should totally check 'em out!

5 Likes

I, Loved the Feel of the Show!
Smallville Had the Nice Small Town Feel of Mayberry!
The Family Feel of the Waltons!
Clark Kent and His Group of Friends Always Had Each Other’s Back!
I, Loved the Chemistry Between Lana Lang, Chloe Sullivan and Lois Lane!

I, Loved Ma and Pa Kent!
Clark Kent Couldn’t Have Had Two Nicer Parents!

5 Likes

It’s such a feel good show! The Kent family dynamic is gold standard.

5 Likes

In Response Too Bar E!:

I, Sure Hope the Kent Family Dynamic is Gold Standard!
The Kent Family Reminds Me of Happy Childhood Memories of Holidays and Parties!
I, Loved the Happy Parties, Festivals and Holidays Celebrations On Smallville!

I, Didn’t Like When They Had Jonathan Kent Die On Smallville!
In My Version, My Mind, Jonathan Kent and Martha Kent, Magnificent Parents, Will Always Be Alive and Well!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays Too the D.C. Community!

5 Likes

Happy Holidays to you too @bromepeter424.24110!

Although Jonathan’s death was heartbreaking, I’m so glad they didn’t just kill him off and move on like everyone is fine. I would argue Clark stays lost and doesn’t quite find his way back to his old self until the final season. Heck Martha as well! I thought that was a fantastic, realistic depiction of dealing with loss and the struggle to figure out how to move forward after. Of all the topics Smallville dealt with, this is the one I give them the most praise for.

5 Likes