The Kent Farm | Series Discussion Master Thread | Smallville Fan Club

M’kay @Bar-El, if we’re both in the backseat, I’ll have to do my fairly good Han Solo impression and, just prior to your vehicular up-chuck, advise you to “Point that thing someplace else!” :joy:

6 Likes

I call shotgun!

6 Likes

You might want to bring a tarp then, just in case @Bar-El misses the window. :joy:

6 Likes

lol

6 Likes

One of my most favorite episodes comes up in the third season- ‘Relic’.

Jor-El_on_Earth_in_his_youth

So many moving parts in this chapter of the show, from its Rebel Without A Cause thematic to the whodunnit element coursing through it. I would have to say tho that the most compelling aspect of it for me was in finally being able to understand why Jor-El chose earth as the destination for Clark to live his life after the destruction of Krypton. Jor-El knew that Clark would be physically safe here, for the most part, but that also this world would also present other challenges to Clark that he would have to overcome in order to truly become Superman. Such a fantastic episode indeed. :+1:

6 Likes

That was a great episode! Mine is honestly Reckoning

5 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

7 Likes

One of my favorite moments is when Clark gains his x-Ray vision. In gym class when he climbs up the rope with Pete and starts wigging out and Pete thinks he’s having a panic attack from his fear of heights and he just falls a billion feet to the gym floor, with no mats might I add, and the gym teacher kinda yells from across the room “woah walk it off Kent” lmfao like wow, 2001 obviously had no concussion protocols. Just rub some dirt in it and go back to class!

I honestly loved these in class moments and wish we had more of the characters interacting with other kids and teachers and actually being students but alas that wasn’t the times nor the teen drama style of the day. Besides we can’t get too attached to the classmates because wow a ton of them are going to go on kryptonite induced murder rampages. Just another Tuesday at Smallville High!

Clark is always talking about some research paper he’s doing for class but I wanted to see his teachers grading it like “woah over achiever Kent at it again with this novel, the assignment was 200 words on the civil war but sure more about the cave paintings I guess?” :joy:

5 Likes

Almost onto season 7

4 Likes

Nice! Great episodes on their way for sure!

4 Likes

Season 7 was a interesting time, it took place before and after writer’s strike.
Had the writer’s strike continued, Smallville Season 7 could’ve ended with a sad cliffhanging with episode 11 I think, with Kara in the rain with no memory, Lana in coma pose with white eyeballs sitting in a chair telling Clark he’s too late.
When the writer’s strike ended in February of 2008, thankfully the show continued. And they manage to make 9 more episodes.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

you know what we need in the incident report thread? how many shirts and pants Clark goes through from blocking bullets

4 Likes

I didn’t even know this happened!

cough spoiler

4 Likes

I made a little mistake they did manage to make 15 episodes before the writer’s strike, after the strike, they were able to make the last five episodes. Sorry about that.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

thats fine lol

4 Likes

what do you think @Bar-El ?

4 Likes

Because of the strike, not one new show from 2007-2008 was renewed to second season. Thankfully some old shows like Smallville survive to make another season.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

wait for real?!

4 Likes

Yup, sad but true, like a remake of Bionic Woman on NBC, and Kelsey Grammer & Patricia Heaton comedy show on Fox for example.

4 Likes