Joker 2019 SPOILERS

Joker is a 2019 American psychological thriller film directed and produced by Todd Phillips, who co-wrote the screenplay with Scott Silver. The film, based on DC Comics characters, stars Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker. Joker provides a possible origin story for the character; set in 1981, it follows Arthur Fleck, a failed stand-up comedian whose descent into insanity and nihilism inspires a violent countercultural revolution against the wealthy in a decaying Gotham City. Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, Frances Conroy, Brett Cullen, Glenn Fleshler, Bill Camp, Shea Whigham, and Marc Maron appear in supporting roles. Joker was produced by Warner Bros. Pictures, DC Films, and Joint Effort, in association with Bron Creative and Village Roadshow Pictures, and distributed by Warner Bros.

Post your thoughts on trailers, the movie after you’ve seen it, its chances during awards season, your reviews, etc.

Posters

Trailers

JOKER - Teaser Trailer

JOKER - Final Trailer

Awards

77th GOLDEN GLOBE AWARDS

Wins/Nominations

Best Original Score – Motion Picture - WINNER

Hildur GuĂ°nadĂłttir Joker

Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama - WINNER

Joaquin Phoenix Joker

Best Director – Motion Picture - NOMINEE

Todd Phillips (“Joker”)

Best Motion Picture – Drama - NOMINEE

“Joker”

92nd ACADEMY AWARDS

Wins/Nominations

Best Actor - WINNER

Joaquin Phoenix

EQYyAIaUEAIfeTO

Best Original Music Score - WINNER

Hildur GuĂ°nadĂłttir Joker

Best Picture - NOMINEE

Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips, Emma Tillinger Koskoff

Best Director - NOMINEE

Todd Phillips

Best Adapted Screenplay - NOMINEE

Todd Phillips, Scott Silver

Best Cinematography - NOMINEE

Lawrence Sher

Best Sound Mixing - NOMINEE

Tom Ozanich, Tod A. Maitland, Dean A. Zupancic

Best Costume Design - NOMINEE

Mark Bridges

Best Film Editing - NOMINEE

Jeff Groth

Best Makeup and Hairstyling - NOMINEE

Kay Georgiou, Nicki Ledermann

Best Sound Editing - NOMINEE

Alan Robert Murray

Full List of Accolades

Have you seen the film?

• Yes
  • No, but I plan to!
  • No, and I will not!
0 voters

Did you enjoy it?

• Loved It
  • Liked It
  • It Was Okay
  • Disliked It
  • Hated It
0 voters
11 Likes

I will eagerly await the teaser. Poster looks interesting… I kind of like the minimalist/theatrical look.

4 Likes

I think it’ll be pretty interesting to dive deeply into the mind of someone like the Joker.
I can’t wait to see it!

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to it. I’m curious what the deal with this movie is.

2 Likes

@iJest The poster made my excitement for this movie jump up. I was always interested, but that made me think it could be something really special.

@KittyKrawler That character exploration is going to be a hell of a ride.

@Vroom Yeah, curiosity level is on high.

2 Likes

The trailer is out! Wow.

3 Likes

Just saw it. I had my doubts about this movie, but I liked the teaser. I like that they’ve taken a step back and went with ‘classic’ Joker style. I didn’t like the character styling from Suicide Squad. So I have high hopes for this one.

3 Likes

It definitely looks interesting. I liked Joaquin’s laugh. I have a feeling he’ll get back at the jerks that stole his sign and assaulted him.

3 Likes

This looks like a film! Like, a full on piece of art with social examination and something to say. Where is all the outrage about how this is a fantasy for kids and the shock that anyone would have the audacity to take the material seriously?

Anyway, this looks amazing, frightening, and beautiful. I cannot wait.

5 Likes

I love the imagery in the trailer. My favorite is how Arthur struggles going up the steps because it’s an uphill battle trying to be good and do what’s right for him. When he comes down the steps, he’s joyous and vibrant. It comes naturally for him to descend into the darkness.

4 Likes

dude, ikr! it looks sick!

1 Like

Watch Joaquin Phoenix transform into Joker in this test footage:
Full Camera Test Footage of Joker

4 Likes

I just watched it for the third time on apple tv lol

3 Likes

It’s so fascinating! I keep rewatching it.

2 Likes

Joker is now a Golden Globe winning film

Best Original Score – Motion Picture

Hildur GuĂ°nadĂłttir Joker - WINNER

Best Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama

Joaquin Phoenix Joker - WINNER

5 Likes

Wow! Goodluck at the Oscar! :clown_face:

1 Like

I just can’t get into it. It feels like the King of Comedy but with less development and worse writing. Every character feels so shallow with little to no development outside of their relationship with Arthur. It’s blunt with it’s message with little subtlety. And even the message it pushes is kind of meaningless since the world it takes place in is so superficial and artificial that it can’t be applied to reality. Joaquin Phoenix is great and the cinematography is beautiful, but I just don’t see what everyone else sees in it. And I certainly don’t think it deserves Oscar or Golden Globe nominations when films like Midsommar, Honey Boy, The Lighthouse, etc. are undoubtedly going to be ignored.

1 Like

Thrilled for Joaquin!

2 Likes

Limited edition poster I got. 1st 100 people at theater on premiere night got one.

4 Likes

@dago-mage Lucky! I didn’t see that promotion at my Cinemark

2 Likes