The JL8 Thread

Just discovered this today (thank you @Row.Harper )

GIVE ME A DELUXE EDITION HARDCOVER!!!
:scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

I would buy this in a heartbeat.

4 Likes

Add me to that order!

4 Likes

It would be awesome if this was official DC content and we could have this happen.

Of course, I think there’s definitely room for something official in this vein! We got the Bat Family comic on Webtoon so maybe someday…Lore Olympus is a Webtoon that is getting a deluxe hardcover soon…

5 Likes

Right! This would be perfect for WEBTOON!

4 Likes

The best!!!
Cheese it Ted! :cheese:

6 Likes

Neil Gaiman makes a cameo…

4 Likes

:rofl: I love that we all feel exactly the same about this!

4 Likes

I have a feeling DC is just kind of allowing this comic to slide by their radar. It’s a small free webcomic. It doesn’t do any big storylines based on any of their comics. It technically hasn’t used any of their full super names yet and the outfits are just different enough that it probably inches past their copyright rules.

But I doubt we would ever get a Deluxe edition or anything. I’d still buy it immediately. But I doubt it will happen.

But it is a great comic. I hope it continues for a long time.

4 Likes

I literally bawled my eyes out last night reading the most recent story line with Bruce and J’onn. It feels like it’s evolving into a bigger, longer story arc format and I love it!

5 Likes

Never say never.

We’ve got Batman 89 in stores as we speak. For YEARS, that was on fan wish lists across the country. Joe Quinones shared concept art for it for so long, we all lost hope about ever getting it. But here we are.

If enough fans want this bad enough, you never know…

4 Likes

Exactly! Squeaky wheel! Plus, I know for a fact that Jim Lee is very dedicated to bringing in new fans and part of that effort is targeting younger demographics. Something like this would be a perfect way to introduce young kids to DC characters while still being entertaining to adults, case in point, all of us :joy: I think that’s why they are experimenting with Webtoon and new animation styles to tap into new audiences. So spam DC demanding JL8! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I looked up the hashtag on Instagram, just to see what’s out there and came across this :rofl::rofl:

#jl8

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

YES! Oh my god! I love the internet!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

This is hilarious :joy:

5 Likes

Here’s where I’m at, guys:

It’s so good. It’s just so good. :joy:

4 Likes

OMG I can’t… :rofl:

Can we PLEASE get a print of the Hiketeia reference? I’m dying. :joy: :00_wonder_woman_1982: :00_batman_1989:

5 Likes

It’s one of mine, too. I love Booster and Beetle and when I first saw this, I both laughed and cheered so hard.

I just ordered the “Cheese it, Ted” print off his sale this week.

4 Likes

It’s funny, this is the one that got me into the series. I love the moment when Clark is at home deciding whether or not he should give Diana the story he wrote for her at the risk of hurting Power Girl’s feelings. He puts it down and says “It’s the right thing to do” I’ve been there and oh boy did that moment hit. I also love Clark cheering Diana up at her party and she said he was like a brother, then the panels that followed that.

It’s such a good series.

4 Likes

:rofl: it’s too good!!! It’s perfect!

4 Likes