“The House Of Secrets,” should be the DCU’s next live action original show

I’ve started reading a couple of these comics and I cannot help but be reminded of “Tales From the Crypt.” I think a live action show based on these comics would be a great addition to the service with broad appeal.

2 Likes

I agree. I think House of Secrets and House of Mystery would be great series.

1 Like

Cool JL. Issue #106 “The Curse Of Harappa,” was a good short story. These I think could be excellent source material for added content here and an HBOMAX.

I never read that issue so I just went and read it quickly just now. =)

Issue #106: In the first story, I think that guy got what he deserved. The second story was my favorite because I did NOT see the twist coming. I thought the end of third story was hilarious. Thanks for the recommendation =)

I’ve been reading House of Mystery and its stories are wildly varied as well. There’s never a dull moment in House of Mystery or House of Secrets. I would be excited every week in a TV series because I would never know what to expect or what characters would pop up.

1 Like

I suggested the same thing when ST was first cancelled. They could have Madame Xanadu from ST introduce each story.

1 Like

The only problem with house of Mystery would be cost. You couldn’t really reuse sets that much. Personally I’d rather see Dr Fate or The Phantom Stranger, but give home his classic look. It’s timeless.

1 Like

Dr Fate, Phantom Stranger or Deadman would all be great! The Blue Devil could possibly be in development, as we’ve already got his original story.

1 Like

Dr Fate would be a great way to see if a Zatanna might resonate and a way to bring back in Constantine. The helmet of Nabu was in his safe house in the original series.

1 Like