The Green Lantern - Stay Sharp!

Liam Sharp’s art for this Morrison title run really nails cosmic dimension. The territory of Lantern tales are literally “out there”, which is why they tend to be favorites of mine (Lantern, Lanterns, Corps…I’ll take 'em all). But I dare say Sharp is right up there for me, along with Gil Kane, Dave Gibbons and Ivan Reis.

6 Likes

I agree with your sentiment. Liam Sharp’s art is a treat to look at. It’s what keeps me coming back to the series despite getting frequently confused by what’s happening.

4 Likes

Yes, a Morrison tradition to bewilder!

2 Likes

Morrison’s stories and Sharp’s artwork definitely complement each other on this series.

Happy this book got a Season Two – would love a Season Three from these two!

2 Likes

I fully concur. And the cover art goes the distance.

2 Likes

Sharp’s art is an enormous selling point for any project that includes him and is the biggest reason I’ve stuck with The Green Lantern series. I wouldn’t mind other Lanterns getting their own “season” treatment once Hal’s second season wraps. For example, what’s Simon Baz been up to lately? He’s been off the radar since the end of Green Lanterns, last I checked.

3 Likes

I agree, Sharp’s art adds wonderfully to Morrison’s distinctive writing.

In particular, Season Two #3, which features artwork by Sharp that’s very distinctive from his prior art on both Season One and the previous issues of Season Two. Nifty, nifty stuff.

Like @Corey19, I hope we see a third season.

2 Likes

Yes! I was amazed it was even the same artist. Talk about versatility.

3 Likes

I had to flip back to the credit page of #3 and check if it was Sharp or a fill-in, but sure enough it’s the Sharpster.

3 Likes

A fine idea and a good use of limited series/spinoff formatting.

2 Likes

Yeah, give Liam keys to the emerald castle anytime he’s in town!

2 Likes

Pencilists/inkers are like cinematographers/production designers. They gotta bend with the project and its evolution.

3 Likes