The Green Lantern Corps Slice Of Life Comic Conspiracy Society

I think it might be interesting to have Guy permanently defect to The Red Lanterns and find ways to channel his rage stemming from his abusive father into a healthy outlet. I think the red lanterns get misunderstood as uniformly evil, so it would be cool to see Guy joining them as the end of a positive character arc

3 Likes

I just think it would be really interesting to break up the monotony of “red and yellow are the bad guys”. What happens when, say, a blue lantern’s hope becomes self-destructive, or what if the thing they’re hoping for is something objectively awful? Or a Green Lantern with such strong willpower they have a one-track mind and become dangerously certain what they’re doing is right and just.

3 Likes

On a similar note, I’d like to see Jessica’s arc end with her becoming a yellow lantern, making forming her own branch of the Yellow Lanterns in opposition to Sinestro, with a focus on weaponizing your fears and anxieties and learning to work with that fear

3 Likes

that would be a cool storyline

3 Likes

They did that storyline!! Then they undid it!!

2 Likes

oh cool
where was that story?

1 Like

I’m not sure

2 Likes

I think it was the Annual Green Lantern 2021 issue

2 Likes

i would just like to say, last night my brain gaslit me into thinking the Green Lantern Corps Slice Of Life Comic became a real thing, because i had a dream that issue one was coming out on webtoon today, and when i woke up and realised it was all a lie manufactured by my brain i was sad.

3 Likes

That is so sad also omg its invading your mind palace now

2 Likes

Googling “Green Lantern Slice Of Life” and this first result is This Very Page

3 Likes

it is sad.
i have excessively vivid dreams so it felt so real :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

omg wow
thats cool but also sad that we’re the only people actively discussing it

2 Likes

Hal (jewish), Kyle (catholic), and Simon (muslim) all hang out and chat about religion and how their beliefs connect to their lanterning. The GLC space ship kitchen is fully kosher and halal

3 Likes

46 years later and I’m still wondering how you make Thanagarian goulash.

3 Likes

How do y’all think an arc of Hal coming to terms with their gender could be structured? Or does the series just start with Hal fully at peace with themself and no one questions it?

2 Likes

I think the storyline should start with everything being business as usual, hal still identifying as a cis guy, and then one day they jokingly refer to themself by she/her pronouns, and then they have a moment where they’re like ‘wait- but like- it was a joke, I’m like- I’m a man…yea- uh huh’ and then spending several weeks being in a constant state of mentally screaming ‘I COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN CIS’ and then one day stumbling upon the term ‘genderfluid’ They then research like hell, reading everything they can on the subject but still being like ‘COULDN’T BE ME, NUH-UH’ and then one day waking up and just accepting the fact that they’re genderfluid.
I think they’d tell their closest friends pretty quickly, and maybe expect some kind of ‘wow! i never saw that coming,’ shocked reaction from their friends, but everyone is just like ‘ohhh yeah we nevvvvvveeerrrr saw that coming, hal. neeveeeeeer saw it coming.’
it’s gonna be the kind of thing that everyone expected for years, and are surprised hal took so long to figure that out about themself.

2 Likes

Kyle’s the one like “oh wow. What a shock. Such a surprise.”

2 Likes

John: Is Hal-
Kyle: Crying to the soundtrack of Top Gun: Maverick again? Yes.

3 Likes

Hal, watching Top Gun: Maverick:
The movie:
powell
Hal:
Hal:
Hal: Guys I have something to tell you

2 Likes