The Flash!?

What’s your DC comfort show? Whenever I’m feeling down or just lazy or in a feel good mood. I always like watching Arrow or Flash as my comfort shows. Sometimes Gotham too.! How about you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:?

2 Likes

Me

Justice League

Me

Justice League Unlimited

Me

Batman the Animated Series

Me

Superman the Animated Series

Me

Smallville

Me

Fleischer Superman

Me

Batman 66

Me

Batman Beyond

Me

Super Friends

Me

Green Lantern the Animated Series

Me

3 Likes

Teen Titans (2003 run) definitely. I rewatch it every few months or so because it had such a grip on my childhood.

(No I’m not being blasphemous against Static Shock, shhhh … )

6 Likes

My DC comfort show is honestly probably Teen Titans Go!
Movie, on the other hand would be the Lego Batman Movie

1 Like

Teen Titans Go or DC SuperHero Girls

2 Likes

I don’t have a “comfort” show or whatever but I have rewatched Btas a lot over the years, I’ve been watching it since I was like 3.

4 Likes

Specifically the first two seasons, I have seen very little of The New Batman Adventures.

2 Likes

Really? I’d recommend it. The animation and design changes look really cool, the stories were great, and there was Dick Grayson as Nightwing: Mullet Edition. What more could you want?

4 Likes

Yeah I’m gonna watch it soon, a few days ago I watched about half of Holiday Knights but I got distracted and haven’t finished it yet.

2 Likes

The episode after that, Sins of the Father, is one of my favorites in the series

2 Likes

Short haired Dick.

2 Likes

Are you against the mullet?

2 Likes

2 Likes

This a softball question for me. Easily, my DC comfort show is “Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman”

2 Likes

Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, and Justice League Unlimited are heaviest in my rotation.

3 Likes

I’m also someone who would say I don’t have a comfort show. I’ve rewatched episodes of post TOS Star Trek more than anything else but I’d say if we’re talking DC content that’s available to be rewatched, I’ve seen clips from Superman Returns the most (as I think the airplane scene is one of the best), some entire episodes or parts of episodes from the Justice League Action animated show, since the clips were readily available on line, both the New Frontier and All Star Superman adaptations (of which are among the few BluRays I own), but again, only in pieces since I think both are less than ideal as adaptations (while I recommend them for other reasons), and probably Smallville, but again, longevity and availability of clips on line.

If I have to think of comforting, the John Williams theme from the Donnerverse is probably peak “comfy” the way that’s used by fans.

1 Like

60’s Batman and 90’s Flash (starring John Wesley Shipp)

2 Likes