The Flash Season Finale

I finally watched the season finale of the Flash, and it was awesome. This season finale was better than the whole season in my opinion. I felt like they stretched the Cicada story-line too long. I was more interested in what Thawne was up to. I love Tom Cavanagh as the Reverse Flash.!

Although Nora was getting annoying in the past episodes, it was so sad seeing her disappear from the timeline. Now that she’s gone, I think that we’ll get the Tornado Twins. Anyone else think so too?

I’d rather they didn’t repeat the future-kids-go-back-in-time storyline. That said, I wouldn’t mind if Iris actually gets pregnant before the show ends.

I just saw it, and was saddened as well to see Nora go. At first I didn’t like her character, but she grew on me. However, it was unclear to me why Thawne sent Nora back in time in the first place to punch the satellite to create Cicada, since that would also create Cicada’s dagger that he would later need to have erased from the timeline. Can anyone help clarify? Time travelling is so confusing! :stuck_out_tongue:

@enrique_guemez The dagger gets created whether or not Nora interfered. Nora interfering just changes who gets the dagger and becomes Cicada. The Flash was never able to defeat Cicada and destroy the dagger in the original timeline, so the dagger was still around to keep Reverse-Flash imprisoned, but the different Cicada created when Nora interfered could be defeated by the Flash, meaning that the dagger would be destroyed and erased from the timeline, allowing Reverse-Flash to go free.

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation.

1 Like

@Awesome_Squid Thank you! That makes more sense.

1 Like

I really enjoyed the finale too. Far better than the S4 finale. Sometimes Nora would irk me, but overall I enjoyed her character. Now bring on the Tornado Twins!

I wasn’t a big fan of Cicada-storyline either except for how it affected the metahumans and motivation to create the cure. However, I feel Thawne was the main villain of the season and he won this battle. He was freed from Iron Heights, and he hurt the Flash emotionally. I loved the Crisis tease! Looking forward to seeing how Thawne fits into that crossover event.

I really enjoyed the finale too. Far better than the S4 finale. Sometimes Nora would irk me, but overall I enjoyed her character. Now bring on the Tornado Twins!

I wasn’t a big fan of Cicada-storyline either except for how it affected the metahumans and motivation to create the cure. However, I feel Thawne was the main villain of the season and he won this battle. He was freed from Iron Heights, and he hurt the Flash emotionally. I loved the Crisis tease! Looking forward to seeing how Thawne fits into that crossover event.

@Awesome_Squid The only problem I had with that interpretation is I got if Nora hadn’t punched the satellite someone else became Cicada. But if no one from Team Flash, to Green Arrow, to the Legends to Supergirl ever caught him, then how did the prison have Cicada’s dagger? I mean I guess they could have caught the dagger and he still got away but based on what they said that didn’t seem the way to interpret it. I mean all time travel even the good ones have paradoxes, so that is basically part of following any fiction about time travel. But it felt like a plot hole.

@DanTheManOne1 Yeah it doesn’t make any sense. But if the CW cared about making sense the entire first season of the Flash would be erased from the timeline and the Flash wouldn’t have become the Flash until years later. Also Reverse-Flash shouldn’t have been able to be erased at the end of the first season because he’s clearly using the Negative Speed Force at that time and apparently the Negative Speed Force makes you invulnerable to timeline changes or something? I think that line was just included as a retroactive explanation for why Reverse-Flash can be around in Crisis on Earth-X and The Flash season 5 when he was never born and a version of him from before he was never born was killed.