The Flash Screenings- Any Word on Maine or Boston?

I just heard that they were releasing these… is there any word on one in Boston, NH or Maine? (The only time there was one in Maine was The Batman fan screening, so I don’t have high hopes for that.)

Also, while I realize there’s the VIP sweepstakes, it would be nice if DC returned to opening screenings up to DCUI members, as they did in the DC Universe days pre-pandemic.

3 Likes

This used to be my Go To for Advanced Screenings. Since I don’t have people to go with me, I rarely try out for these and since I have a free ticket for a 4DX screening or might go see this in IMAX when it’s released, I don’t bother any more, but hope this helps you. I would assume Boston would be your best bet if you are willing to travel:

3 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately, as of yet nothing closer than NYC (and trying to Google for them only brings up this very thread). :frowning_face:

1 Like

From my experience and I was going to screenings as far back as the last decade, circa the original Star Trek reboot, there seems to be a lot less people promoting these and there seem to be a lot less theaters with screenings. I remember when Henry’s sword and sandals movie, Immortal, was released (before MoS), we went to see it at LA Live in a premiere preview screening, but there were at least 3-4 other previews in LA, I noticed that they are only promoting one - at least so far. So you probably need to be aggressive. Good luck - these were always fun to attend but you might have to wait until the move is actually released.

Oh and welcome back to the site. You’re right, they should open up the screenings again. I went to an audience Q&A and preview screening for the animated Red Son movie in West Hollywood, at the Design Center auditorium - those are always great to catch and that was through a sweepstakes. Not from here, but due to a WB Animation fan forum that was co-promoting with DC. Especially with the writer’s strike and that actors won’t be able to do the type of promotion they did by appearing on SNL, or on the late night shows, the studios would benefit from word of mouth promotion and it’s not like these previews cost them more money, it likely costs them LESS. The actors can only go on shows like The View or Today/GMA and that’s not the audience for The Flash or for Indiana Jones, etc.

And the WGA strike is definitely not ending until the actors either get a contract or strike themselves, more than probably.

2 Likes

I really need to stay on top of these. There’s one tomorrow at a theater I’ve gone to a couple advance screenings at, but I didn’t know about it until just now so I can only get on the wait list. Doubt I’ll get that lucky, but at least I can check this site on a regular basis for future ones!

1 Like

I’m glad @StrangeVisitor could provide you with a site that helps - sorry there’s nothing close to you as of yet! That certainly stinks.

Great suggestion, I’m happy to make note of this! Btw welcome back to the community, friendo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You need to keep trying. I also got on the wait list for the local AMC which is no longer convenient to me, but worth the trip. But fell asleep instead of going to the grocery store like I should have, woke up and wasted time on line and was about to close out the WAIT LIST page but I reloaded and was offered passed (because the showing is tomorrow, they tend to do that to oversubscribe to make sure the theater is packed). Since I don’t work tomorrow, although I do need to reschedule a delivery, I can definitely go early and wait in line. Keep refreshing the actual page, versus waiting for a wait list response!

3 Likes

Thank you! I really should come here more often. Still looking, maybe something will come up as we get closer. The last one I attended through DCU was Birds of Prey, in an absolutely beautiful ArcLight theater that had just opened at the end of 2019; talk about heartbreaking.

1 Like

So now the new “Fan FIrst Screening” popup for June 12 is showing Boston, but I can’t find any info as to how to get a ticket.

EDIT: Got one! Just had to “correct” my city. Same theater where I saw the BvS screening!

1 Like

Awesome news! Let us know if you enjoy it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

They had screenings in Los Angeles again tonight. What I recently read in a industry publication is that they apparently had 400 screenings, to help the word of mouth, and since they keep having them, I assume they are getting that word of mouth. They certainly wouldn’t want to knee cap the opening weekend by having screenings in a city like LA.

Since Keaton is in England shooting a movie, they are even having a screening in London that he will be the special guest at (and apparently there are also screenings in a number of other foreign cities - sans Michael, obviously!) @markhb Glad you finally got one of those, that’s also the night of the official premiere in Hollywood - apparently the only premiere of the full movie, with the ending that WB has been trying to keep under wraps, so it will be at least different in that respect from all these previews.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it very well! Shame that things didn’t work out better for it.

(And even better, for that “fan first” screening in downtown Boston, I lucked into free on-street parking!)

4 Likes

I’m glad you enjoyed it! I can’t believe you remembered to let me know your thoughts haha thank you for that, it’s been a while.

Free parking is the beeest. Did you see anyone there in costume? :open_mouth:

2 Likes