The Flash in a cartoon series of his own why or why not?

I would like to hear the thoughts as to why or why the flash should have own series like superman or Batman

2 Likes

He had his own in the 60s via filmation it was fantastic. Him, Atom, Hawkman, Superman and the Teen Titans and the Justice League of America

2 Likes

If your going to do a Flash which one since there was a Silver Age, current and Golden Age Flash.

1 Like

That was for the 60’s and the big three all got their own series well after the 60’s. Jay for the golden age was cool yet the story line for Barry Allen and Wally West struck a cord with me. Epically after the Loss of my grandma due to ALS. The current animated movies are great and live action on CW is f%#$*** amazing. Silver age and modern age together some how would be sweet.

1 Like

They really need to do an animated series for all of the characters on this app and make it a shared universe!!! I would be highly satisfied

1 Like

I vote yes, because more superhero content for me to inhale is always great.

2 Likes

To, merrimanchase where is the 60’s animation located. And what are your thoughts about which era flash you would want too see in an cartoon series.

I would just adore a flash TAS

The 60’s Flash cartoon was a series of interstitial shorts produced by Filmation Associates. It was placed in their animated DC shows along with Atom, Green Lantern, Hawkman and Justice League of America shorts.

The digital series set of their Aquaman show includes some of the various shorts listed above.

There’s also a DVD set entitled DC Super Heroes: The Filmation Adventures that features all of the shorts in one set. The two individual DVD releases of The Filmation Adventures feature the same content from the first release, but are split over two volumes, utilize different cover art and they’re minus the featurette from the complete set.

As for Flash getting a full blown cartoon, YES and YES!!! I’d love to see a Flash cartoon.

…Is it out yet? Not that I’m eager or anything.

3 Likes

Imagine the theme song…

Flash!
Flash!
He’s the fastest man alive!
Flash!
Flash!
Taking down every bad guy!
Flash!
Flash!
Then gone in the blink of an eye!
Flash!
Flash!
HE’S THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE!

They should hire me

3 Likes

@Awesome_Squid You should’ve written cartoon theme songs in the 80’s.

Someone got paid to write the theme to the show Defenders of the Earth, which largely consisted of “Defenders of the Earth!” repeated ad nauseum.

You’re Flash tune is much better than that =)

1 Like

*Your

1 Like

Remember he-man masters of the universe theme song ah! I have the Power! Lol.lol great stuff. Also doesn’t DC have the old he-man cartoons

Idk always been a side character and his villains are okay, but with the right writing anything can work

1 Like

DC doesn’t own any cartoons. Just the Masters of the Universe comics they’ve published.

Warner Brothers doesn’t own Masters of the Universe, so no cartoons from them either.

A Bruce Timm style MOTU show would be pretty sweet though.

1 Like

A golden age flash cartoon, set in the 40’s. Flash fighting on the home front and occasionally going overseas to to fight/ espionage against N@zis.

2 Likes

Michael Rosenbaum has apparently expressed hopes that DC Universe would resurrect Justice League Unlimited…
Failing that, I’d love to see his Flash (Wally) get a solo series and have it feature both classic and more recent Flash Rogues.

Flash and Wonder Woman would both be fantastic characters to adapt to a cartoon. Flash feels made for that world with especially flashy (heh, puns) villains and a light hearted world , and Wonder Woman has some momentum behind her with the movie. I’d much rather see either of those than the animated Harley Quinn whose preview struck me as a half-step away from cringe.

3 Likes

I would definitely be interested in a flash family animated show

2 Likes

I say yes. I’d rather one in the DCAU starring Michael Rosenbaum as Wally, but I’d settle for a new one that would, for example, focus on Barry in the first season, Wally in the second, and then maybe bring Barry back in the third.