The Evolution of Batgirl

I might be biased, but this article on the history of Batgirl is absolutely wonderful. If you have a spare moment, take some time to brush up on your Babs (and her successors).

Find the article on our News section, or by following the link below:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/evolution-batgirl

19 Likes

BABS IS THE BEST!!!

8 Likes

This is such a great article! I love Cassandra and Babs! :heart:

2 Likes

I love Cassandra. Babs is cool too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yvonne Craig will always be my favorite actress to play Batgirl, along Tara Strong! My favorite Batgirl episode is her first TV appearance where The Penguin kidnapped Barbara Gordon just to married her!!! :penguin::penguin::penguin::face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

I’m a big fan. Cassandra wasteally fun to read and really good. Spoiler as Batgirl was good. Though too short of a run. She screwed up. I think Barbara Gordon is one of the best characters DC has come up with. I absolutely love the character. Barbara is just great. Everything a young lady could look up too. She’s also a fierce part of the Bat Fam. Smart, badass, and just as great a detective as her counterparts. Babs is something special. I got a thing for redheads though.

4 Likes

Spellcheck sucks

“I might be biased” …as long as it’s positive bias towards my work I’m good!
Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Babs will always be my favorite. Even though I think the Stephanie Brown series was the best BG series.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out. I needed this refresher on the Batgirl mantle, and now I can consider myself edumacated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic read. Would love to see more like this for other characters of the DCU.

2 Likes

Babs incarnation of Batgirl is my absolute favorite DC character. She’s smart, empathetic, tough, vulnerable, and relatable. Here’s hoping we get a live action or animated television or cinematic version of her soon. :purple_heart::yellow_heart::bat::woman:t2:‍🦰

7 Likes

I was supper happy with this article! I loved how they mentioned the fact that at first Babs wasn’t okay with another Batgirl. I love the New 52 ark, and love the modern art in The Batgirl of Burnside.

7 Likes

Awesome article!!! Thanks for sharing

3 Likes

I read this article when it was published and absolutely loved it. Barbara is just incredible. I like that Helena held the mantle for a little bit.

5 Likes

Babs is my favorite DC character. I love that Oracle has been incorporated into her more recent Batgirl stories as well.

5 Likes

The best version of Batgirl was in All-Star Batman & Robin :+1:

4 Likes

Perfect article to accompany my binge reading of Batgirl comics. I’m on issue #14 of the 2011 run and I don’t want to stop! Absolutely loving Babs and can’t wait to delve further into Batgirl’s stories.

6 Likes

I posted about it in my news thread. Just saw this. Great minds think alike. It’s an awesome read.

3 Likes

My fav Batgirl was Stephanie Brown

3 Likes