The Death of Superman

I loved this version. did I love it more than the one from a few years back? Unknown. Both good, though!

4 Likes

Man what i great movie!! Is it just me or so some of the scenes almost seem like they take influence from zack snyders 2 dcu movies man of steel and bvs? And to me thats in no way a bad thing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yo, Iā€™m really glad they have a DC animated movie as recent as Death of Superman here!! Iā€™m definitely looking forward to the future of this streaming service!!

3 Likes

I like this version better than 2008ā€™s Superman: Doomsday.

3 Likes

Im not a Superman butā€¦ my god, this is better than BvS. I canā€™t wait for the sequel. DCAU I want more pls!

4 Likes

@SilentFan85

The one thing I will say about Superman: Doomsday (2007) was that it had an awesome theme, also Adam Baldwin and James Marsters did superb jobs as Superman and Lex, respectively.

This version is awesome as well, Iā€™m happy to report! Love that theyā€™re keeping with the New 52 looks of the characters.

2 Likes

An epic movie, definitely better than the first Doomsday movie. So digging the fact that they used the New 52 outfits for this.

2 Likes

Can we all agree that the fight between superman and doomsday was one of the best fight scenes that has been in the DC animated universe?

4 Likes

absolutely magnificent movie! Peter J. Tomasi really captures everyones core character. The fight btwn the MoS and the killing machine was heart- stopping

Itā€™s 7:30am. I got up to work out but instead finished this. Didnā€™t think Iā€™d be in tears this early in the morning for something u have read and seen like 20 times already. Also the end credits, omg. I expected a Return of Superman movie but this, Iā€™m so excite. This app is great, DC animated has always been the best.

4 Likes

I totally love this film. Peter J. Tomasi updated this story so wonderful. He should still be on the Superman comics.

Bendis has to go.

2 Likes

Way Better then expected . Myself not being a huge Superman fan I wasnā€™t sure how much I would enjoy this movie . Great cast ,great action, great story made it one of the best DC movies I have seen !

This was phenomenal!! Itā€™s good to see I wasnā€™t the only one in tears. And that wonder woman fight with Doomsdayā€¦bruhā€¦

3 Likes

Great adaptation of the original story to bring old characters into DCAU cannon. Pretty faithful to the original arc in the comic books with a modern update. Cant wait for The return of Superman movie. and the superman doomsday fight got me hyped for Goku vs Broly in the upcoming DB Super movie, and now im kinda hoping it goes down the same way with UI Goku getting his butt handed to him by a Berserker Broly.

1 Like

Nice adaptation of the Death of Superman arc published in 1992.

Iā€™ve seen both this and the Superman: Doomsday movie that came out in 2007. Not only is this version better, it did something that no Superman movie has really been able to do before: make me care about the character. Phenomenal movie, 10/10!

1 Like

As soon as I saw Hank Henshaw I loved this movie, as soon as you see the ending credits and what they tease. This instantly became my top favorite animated DC movie.

It is the most faithful rendition yet, but it is horribly animatedā€¦to the point of being pretty much unwatchable, and generally a pretty bad film. Not gonna lie; that is a tad infuriating.
It looks like it was drawn by a not very artistic middle schooler. Cheap shortcuts taken, and crummy dialogue. Thank god I didnā€™t buy it and only rented it.
Really fed up with the garbage animated movies DC has been putting out lately. They used to be amazing

Such a good movie

1 Like

I like this film it was better than Superman Doomsday however I do wish it just had been the story from 1992 instead of New 52

They actually could have mix the two a little bit to make it coolšŸ˜Ž

1 Like