The DC BOOK CLUB! How To Join

That’s right, you’re all set! Looking forward to digging into Justice League: The Totality with you :partying_face:

8 Likes

Thanks, @Applejack

4 Likes
  1. Very excited to have Book Club back - I’ve missed it
  2. Over the moon to see that already over 80 people have signed up for Book Club since this got posted! Great to have so many new members and this will only make the discussions livelier and bring more perspectives to the table. Awesome!
  3. Fancy new profile pic, @Applejack! Almost didn’t recognize you there! No more Batgirl? And who is that, exactly? Glad to have you on here as an admin as well.
  4. I hope @MattMcDonald and @JLWWSM are proud of what they started and what it has become. I wear my Book Club badge with pride and am looking forward to the new perks and special guests!

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to dive in to the (Scott) Snyder Cut of ‘Justice League: Totality’ to see what my favorite group of heroes are up to this time. I hope Hawkgirl ends up saving the day!

11 Likes

I know what you mean but there’s something about this comment that’s adorable to me. That’s the Oracle symbol! Still Barbara Gordon, but in her green form for St. Paddy’s Day :slight_smile:

I do too- they’re the platinum standard in generally being human!

9 Likes

Welcome to all the new members of the @DCBookClub!

It’s incredible seeing all the new members roll in, and we can’t wait to get started discussing Justice League: The Totality with you.

New to the DC Community? We’d love to hear a little more about you, and what you’d like to see from your FLCBC (Friendly Local Comic Book Club) in the future!

I can start things off- hi! :wave: I go by Applejack, and I help to make sure the DC Community keeps chugging along with new programs, exciting perks, and interesting ways to connect directly with the DC brand. Nice to meet you!

I’m looking forward to having really in-depth conversations around the stories, and discussing our favorite artwork. In the future, I’m hoping that we can also include sweepstakes and even more perks all month long :slight_smile:

Feel free to tell us a little bit about yourself, I’ll be keeping an eye on our Club Room all day to make sure your questions are answered. :heart:

11 Likes

Call me Turok Son of Stone

Turok was an
Native American Indian
Lost in a hidden valley
In the 19th Century
Where dinosaurs still existed
Published by Dell Comics in the 1950s and 60s

The character has been published by many companies since then
But not DC

I was born in 1950
So that is why my name here is what it is

I was around in the Silver Age of Comics

The first comic I bought was the last tryout of the Justice League of America in Brave and the Bold. I bought and still have the original issues of JLA and Lee Kirby Ditko Marvel Comics. They are in poor condition because I read them so much. I loved them so much

Hawkman in Brave and Bold is my favorite comic by Julie Schwartz editor, Gardner Fox writer and Joe Kubert artist.

My favorite era of comic books are

The Bronze Age and
Early Rebirth (2016)

In Our Comic Book Library,
You can Filter by Era

For new DC Book Club members

My Suggestions

First
Watch
Secret Origins the Story of DC Comics

In that hour and a half you will get a good overview of most of our comic book library. It was filmed in.2009 so of course can’t talk about newer than that

I am co leader of the DC History Club with @msgtv. Please consider joining our club. All topics remain open so participate in our polls and quizzes.

The DC History Club
has this video as the topic for the month of September 2020

This is my complete list for New DC Readers. It is intended to introduce most of the major characters of the universe at a basic level. It is by year.

This is my
Batman for new readers

if you want to learn significant events in super hero genre history. Most significant issues are mentioned here. It is by year

if you want to learn how Superman Batman.and Wonder Woman were created

14 Likes

Aww shucks :heart: Thank you! We are very humbled and grateful. It’s beautiful to see how far the book club has come and transformed over the years. Super excited to see this new chapter! :0_book_club:

9 Likes

Awww thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation: I’m so excited for book club!

7 Likes

I rejoin! Sorry @JLWWSM and @MattMcDonald for leaving your great book club!:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hi @Reaganfan78 - no need for apologies! Glad you’re back! :smiley:

6 Likes

We’d love to hear a little more about you, and what you’d like to see from your FLCBC (Friendly Local Comic Book Club) in the future!

While I love the dives back into the archives I’d like two things:

1. Spoiler warnings for the discussion topics/questions. The second discussion question for issues #1-3 is an example of one I’d like to have hidden behind the spoiler shield until after I’ve read it.
  2. The new books that arrive on DCUI. It would be fun to have Book Club be a part of the arrival of Future State and Infinite Frontier when they get here for us to read. I’m sure I’m not alone in waiting for them to become available here rather than buying them all at my Local Comic Shop and discussing them with fellow DC fanatics as they come out would be a blast.

There’s always so much I want to read that it’s tough to pick what I’ll read next and I love Book Club for making that choice for me and taking me to unexpected places in the DC Universe.

7 Likes

Hey! I’m Quadpen but people usually end up calling me Quad, I’m relatively new to comic books, I only got into them around 2016 or so but they’ve become an important part of my life (I’m an aspiring illustrator lol) I’m looking forward to talking about comics with y’all!

Since i have no idea how to end the post I’ll just say to stan impulse and jason for clear skin

11 Likes

:rofl: Well done!

5 Likes

This is great feedback, thank you so much! I agree that it would be a blast to jump into Future State and Infinite Frontier when we have the full series available on DCUI. In the meantime, imma go get those spoilers up :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Since the DC Universe is so huge and has stool the test of time, I think that adding a little direction to learn more would be great. I mean, choose some titles or series that will allow us to learn more about the DC Universe. Thank you. The book club is a good idea.

10 Likes

This sounds awesome™:+1:. I’m in.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, and wonderful to see your thoughts in the book club! To help people learn more in addition to reading new issue, maybe in the future we could include things like timelines, visual maps, and other elements paired with what we’re reading that month?

13 Likes

I’m in! (And btw @Applejack, I love the new avatar.)

10 Likes

Any and all guests from the DC Daily Comic Book Club would be awesome. I loved watching those episodes and interacting with some of them on here would be a hoot.

11 Likes

It would be cool if the Sams, Hector and Amy could pop in from time to time, even just to say hi. I loved DC Daily and those cats. I was sad when the show was canceled.

13 Likes