The Dark Knight Is Officially a Classic Film!

Dark_Knight
As of today The Dark Knight has been officially added to The Library Of Congress Films Registry along with Shrek,Grease and other films!:smiley:
Here’s a link to the story…

23 Likes

The Dark Knight was officially a classic the day it opened.

13 Likes

I don’t really consider The Dark Knight a classic by any measure, but on the other hand I would only count 3 of the 25 picks as classics. :grin: Either way - congratulations to DC and the team involved. :+1:

6 Likes

I’ll agree with that!:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1:
Congrats to the films.

5 Likes

The dark knight is probably the only film to have passed the limitations and misconceptions of it’s genre. Kind of like what watchmen did for comic books. Well deserved

7 Likes

While I do think Batman 1996, Batman 1989, and Batman Returns are more of classics to me, but I think The Dark Knight is one of those films I think goes into the category.

4 Likes

Phenomenal announcement @Reaganfan78 - thank you for sharing with the Community!

@baseballmaniac01.45870, that couldn’t be more true!

:thought_balloon: … I’ll never forget watching The Dark Knight in the theater on release night after spending the entire day at a theme park. It was magical.

6 Likes

All that were chosen deserve it. As a film nerd myself, I am so happy to see great films get a nod and a batman film become a classic now.

5 Likes

Awesome! The Dark Knight is easily my favorite DC movie and possibly my all time favorite movie. I’m happy to see it getting the recognition it deserves.

6 Likes

While I think it has been a classic film for some time, it is great that it was included in the National Film Registry! It is my all time favorite superhero movie.

7 Likes

Ooh that’s so cool! I’m glad time has not affected the general consensus of it.

3 Likes

Well deserved! A classic that went beyond the genre since day one. One of the greatest films of all time and the greatest DC film ever made.

4 Likes

Ha! Exactly right!

1 Like