The CW Releases Gotham Knights Series Trailer

Someone posted this elsewhere, it’s the Bat version of this.

With less singing I presume

8 Likes

Why do I have this feeling that she will be the daughter of the Riddler and not Cluemaster?

5 Likes

I’d take more singing now.

4 Likes

I’ve learned over the years not to judge a show until I have actually seen a few episodes, but, honestly, I rather have one more season of Legends of Tomorrow.

2 Likes

Normally I’m the "Welp it’s just the trailer- let’s wait for a few episodes to drop and then we’ll… " girl. Nope. Sorry my beloved WB/DC, but not this time. This cut and paste method of character placement within established mainstay hero storylines coupled with the revisionist heavy approach to the reimagination of these characters’ origin stories that Berlanti Productions has employed with success a number of times with past productions is truly showing its high mileage wear here. Also- AY, new guy- hol up there player.

What, now just anybody can don the mantle and roll to the street? Nah, son - it’s not like that. Besides- that’s Steph Brown you’re standing next to, and if anyone in the story is to rise it’s her. She’s the rightful heir. Yep.

Steph3

Seems like Berlanti didn’t even bother to phone this one in- he texted it. :flushed: And WOW does it show.

I’m also wondering what ramifications this show’s run will have on Gotham Knight’s game sales. :thinking: I would imagine that the casual DC fan might run up against some confusion when comparing the series storyline with the in game story.

Now, before I close this I want it to be reiterated that I absolutely, unconditionally love :00_dc_2016: with every single bit of my :purple_heart: and I always and forever will, but this series looks to be sub par, at best, and I refuse lie to those that I love.

This^^^ :raised_hands:

8 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Preach, DC89, preach!

3 Likes

Thank you.

That’s the reason it took me a while to warm up to Javicia Leslie’s Batwoman; she just stumbled on a batsuit and put it on.

Right? I’m confused, and I won’t be indulging in the game. Makes you second guess how much thought is put into these things. They can’t have Batman on the small screen, because… bad… but having a show and game with the same name but no relationship to one another come out at roughly the same time? Now that’s good planning!

Same here DC89, same here.

Still gonna check this out. If I was able to sit through the entire 13 episodes of Naomi hoping it will improve (trying real hard not to be rude here), I can give this a try.

5 Likes

I think everyone here knows my immediate response…

That said, @DC89, thank you for the heads up on this abomination.

@Jay_Kay, @superby1, @raider_dave66, and @Daredevil thank you for the laughs. :joy:

I’m with @Don-El. Without BATMAN, there is no BatFAMILY. It saddens me to see creators taking such liberties. That’s the nicest thing I can say. I can’t bring myself to even check out this clip. Tell me when it’s over. :face_with_peeking_eye:

8 Likes

You know the number of characters CW are allowed to use is limited when they can’t even get Jim Gordon, and instead have to use Harvey Bullock

5 Likes

I’ll still check it out because you never know, but there’s something to be said about first impressions and sadly, this didn’t make a good one.

You know what this feels like? That Generation X tv movie Fox did back in the day. It took something from the comics, but with budget and not being able to use some characters, it became a watered down version of what it could’ve been. Add some established characters, throw in some new ones, make it about teenagers and try to do what you can without using characters you can’t use because they’re tied up in film and other tv show rights. It has that same feel.

Who knows how this is all gonna turn out.

6 Likes

From the trailer? That’s actually Harvey Dent who’s gonna be on the show

3 Likes

It is strange how they used that same title for the show. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

And you know it’s really bad when WB Montréal has to Tweet about how the game and the show are not connected at all, and then say “We look forward to seeing you check out our Gotham Knights soon”… It’s like, “Is this shade I’m seeing?! :laughing:

5 Likes

Right? :smile:

4 Likes

You said everything I want to, but in a much nicer way :sweat_smile:

Part of me is conflicted, because as someone who mostly cares about the Batfamily side of DC, I would want an actual show or movie with all of the actual members of the Batfam instead of whatever the hell this is. Then again, I know that so many people are tired of seeing Batman stuff thrown into their face all the time and they want something different, completely understandable.

I’m not usually the kind of person who looks at something and verbally says “yeah… I hate it” even if I’m not personally interested, but this looks like the show is being made just to get up on the Batman/Batfamily hype and think that we will watch it. To me… I genuinely don’t see actual heart being put into this, although I wish there was. It literally looks and feels kinda cheap to me… if that makes any sense.

6 Likes

Your take is spot on LadyBat. This series has the look and feel of something that is sub standard and unworthy of the storied legacy of B’Man and the Batfamily.

Gotham Knights game dev team watchin’ this series trailer like

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FaintPitifulAyeaye-size_restricted.gif

4 Likes

Now all I can think about is “Congratulations WB, you are not the father!” :rofl:

4 Likes

:laughing:

4 Likes