The CW might add another series next year

https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-cw-dc-adapt-another-comics-property/

Looks like the CW may be looking to introduce a new major character during Crisis and spin them off into its own show, like they did with Batwoman. Wonder what could it be?

5 Likes

Well, Constantine would be an easy one

5 Likes

You just beat me to the punch on reporting it.

I hope @msgtv that it is not Constantine, because there are many heroes who I believe should get more of a voice. Constantine though awesome has had a TV show and had a season on Legends of Tomorrow along with numerous other guest appearances.

Going to the Christianity and Representation Conversation over in random.
I want it to be someone who is Asian or Latino.

I think Blue Beetle and Booster Gold could work well. Booster could be set up in Legends of Tomorrow and then Beetle in Supergirl or something. I feel like CW will be changing SO much after Crisis that its hard to know what could happen.

Flash could be centered around Wally West (either white or black or both)
Legends could be about Booster and the future of the CW (Legion of Superheroes/ Booster Gold)
John Diggle could become Green Lantern for all we know
Supergirl could be more Superman, Jon, and Lois centric

Black Lightning could just be more Black Lightning
Batwoman could just be more Batwoman

John Diggle becomes John Stewart, Green Lantern, obviously

7 Likes

Nathan, don’t think there down with Supergirl yet. Like the other ideas particularly Blue and Gold. Also, think Flash has a year or two left, then I would move away from speedsters all together.

1 Like

Rumor has it that the new show may be Arrow 2040, continuing the story of the flash forwards in Arrow.

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion they said that the spin off was a different project that they haven’t actually planned out yet. I would watch John Diggle as a space cop, like a procedural cop show with the Lanterns, all day.

1 Like

Imagine if it was a Batman Beyond show, with Kevin Conroy as old
Man Bruce. As we now know this would be setup in Crisis. I doubt they have any plans in the near Future for Batman Beyond, so this would be an amazing opportunity for them and the fans!

3 Likes

Superman…please, with a cherry on top.

2 Likes

LoSH would be the logical choice. We already have several characters (Mon-El, Saturn Girl, Brainy & we know that the Dreamer character has a Legion counterpart.) its the legion so they could have diversity all over the place. It is also a group of late teens, early 20s characters, so all the typical “soap opera”, angst is right there to be mined.

2 Likes

I’m for the Superman option as @moro suggested.

However, I’m also in agreement on a Legion TV series per @DeSade’s suggestion.

Especially Legion, as it and the forthcoming new Legion comic could provide interesting overlaps where one could boost the success/audience of the other.

1 Like

I third the Superman!

1 Like

I want it to be Superman, but I feel like there’s no way they’re going to do it.

If I had to guess, I think it will probably be Legion of Super-Heroes or Green Lantern like others have suggested.

1 Like

Birds of Prey? We already have Black Canary and they could bring Huntress back and then just introduce Oracle. Perfect! Though with the movie they probably won’t…

1 Like

I want a Black Canary TV show. Superman has had enough adaptations. Give me some more Canary Cry action. They can even do a Birds of Prey without calling BoP. Just have Katana, Vixen, Huntress, and Oracle show up at some point. I’m not ready to not have Dinah Laurel Lance on TV anymore.

2 Likes

Keep budget in mind. Green Lantern is unlikely. They probably want something to replace Arrow, but I don’t know what that would be, especially since they have a new non-powered, “street-level” character with Batwoman. Birds of Prey seems unlikely to me both because of the movie and because the Arrowverse has an utterly horrible track record for handling BoP-related characters.

Of the options mentioned so far, Superman seems like the most reasonable, especially with him apparently benched for the DCEU.

1 Like

again nu52 what is this enough of Superman that you speak of? :slight_smile:

I know Arrow is going off, but I’d like to see CW or DC Universe do a Green Lantern/Green Arrow Hard Traveling Heroes mini-series. All the social issues taken on by those O’Neil and Adams comics are still relevant today. They could be updated a bit for today. But the stories were fairly grounded so it wouldn’t be as costly as doing a Green Lantern space opera.

Hmmm… there’s no word on what will replace Swamp Thing but CW will get a new one!? I don’t know what to think about this.

I haven’t heard anything about Swamp Thing being shopped around to other networks HBO/Netflix but something has to replace it if it doesn’t continue.

I don’t see the purpose of a Superman show when Supergirl is already there. We also have Krypton. It’s too much.