The Complete Batgirl Appreciation Thread

Ha ha! Take that all you other NML fans! You too Cass fans (except @CassCainIsBestBatgirl whose username is just too epic).

4 Likes

Now THIS is a proper BOP cover. All the important people are on it! Well…except for one person. Where is my wife DC?!

Also, I desperately need the friendship between Cass and Barda to deepen

8 Likes

crazy thing is cass tanked a hit from big barda
awesome enough to dodge most of it and then tanked the rest if i remember correctly

still confirming shes best in the batfam

6 Likes

Very happy to see my gal Steph making some excellent points and looking amazing in Batman today!

7 Likes

Wait, what happened now? If she was smacking Bruce, I wanna know about it

5 Likes

She confronted Damian. No Bruce smacking yet!

6 Likes

chuckles-im-in-danger

5 Likes

I need the dets!

5 Likes

Well, as Failsafe/Zur/Fake Bruce and Damian are capturing Killer Croc and taking him to Blackgate, Steph confronts Damian and says that Batman is inspiring fear in normal citizens, not criminals, and Damian says that the Batfam has just held Bruce back. I thought it was nice that Zdarsky had Steph approach Damian, to see if she could get through to him where she has in the past.

6 Likes

I’m just gonna assume

Summary

Damian doesn’t realize his dad is replaced.

But regardless - yes Steph! That is EXACTLY the point I’ve been making about Batman!

6 Likes

Steph knows what’s what!

And I think that currently Damian is convinced that what Zur is saying is true.

6 Likes

Of course he is, that arrogant brat

5 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

The Co-Founder is recognized.
BGT

I’m very happy to see this take place. The storyline connected to it is solid and BG’s place within it is meaningful. :+1: When I first read about this BOP relaunch I was a bit pensive in that I didn’t really have an adequate gauging of the direction where Thompson was intending to take this storied team in, but now that I see the plan I really dig it. And BG doesn’t need to remain a permanent team fixture here either. If she were to cycle out after, say, issue #10 in order to make room for another for BOPper to cycle in…

Inductee Hopeful-

… I’d be straight up cool with it. :smiley: :+1: In the meantime your girl’s gonna be snappin’ up all of them BOP BG cover variants for the next three months or so.

:laughing:
:00_batgirl1: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

10 Likes

nobody besides nightwing and cass stand a chance against bruce
but im sure that stephs catching up

6 Likes

Calling all BG fanatics! Does anyone have a reccomended reading list for Bette Kane AKA Flamebird AKA the OG Bat-Girl?

6 Likes

As Batgirl, or any appearance?

6 Likes

Any appearance! Okay, maybe anything favoring her as Flamebird

6 Likes

There are a bunch in Batman (2011)

5 Likes

Really? Cuz I don’t recall her showing up in that book

6 Likes

Here’s what one of my friends who is a Bette fan wrote up for me on the r/Batgirl reddit:

Bonus: Bat-Girl - Bette Kane
Pre-Flashpoint
Batman #139, Batman #153, Batman #159, Detective Comics #322, Teen Titans #50-52, Beast Boy #1-4, Batwoman by Greg Rucka and J. H. Williams III
Bette Kane, the very first Bat-Girl, chose to become a hero to help her aunt Kathy, the first Batwoman, out. After the Crisis on Infinite Earths, she became the heroine Flamebird, a notable member of the Teen Titans, and forged a unique connection to Kate Kane, her cousin, and the new Batwoman. (Bonus note - the Beast Boy miniseries, collected in Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Book Two, also includes Steph’s cameo as Robin in Teen Titans #13!)
New 52
Batwoman, written by W. Haden Blackman and J. H. Williams III, art by Williams, Trevor McCarthy, and Amy Reeder.
Haunted Tides, World’s Finest, This Blood Is Thick, Annual #1
As Flamebird, Bette went through a painful trial by fire as Batwoman’s apprentice, emerging with a new name, Hawkfire.

6 Likes