The Complete Batgirl Appreciation Thread

Yeah, either have her exist and not really have a large role or don’t have her at all. Then, after things are established, let her shine in a large role (solo movie :crossed_fingers:t3:)

4 Likes

yes (you are correct and i dont really have much more to add)

4 Likes

I think there’s a very solid chance that Gunn and Safran will be looking to distance their material from any and all things BG in light of the knee deep controversy surrounding Zaslav Palatine’s ham handed axing of her film. In fact, I don’t believe that my gurrrlll’s going to see a rotation into the live action spotlight for a long, long time because of the fiasco that he is directly responsible for creating :expressionless::pleading_face:.
Big ups to Cass tho if she gets her shot in the Gunnverse. :+1:

5 Likes

maybe it was canceled because he plans to use oracle ? (still not ok whatsoever that it was canceled)

4 Likes

In her present state of being she is both Oracle and BG. Why does she need to be limited in her scope via a regression in casting? BTW- I’m not classifying BG’s time in the chair as an element of said regression.

6 Likes

wouldnt know but just sayin its a possibility

4 Likes

studios make dumb decisions so i thought to put myself in their heads with that sentence

4 Likes

The reason I stopped reading the BatFamily Adventures is because to date the writers still haven’t transitioned BG into her present state of existence. In their series it seems to be stuck in an early 2000s state of being narrative wise. I prefer seeing BG current and up to date. This same reasoning would be a significant factor in my engagement level with Gunn’s Batman: The Brave And The Bold stuff.

6 Likes

of course
modern elements of the characters very much should be used but im not making the presumed plans of james gunn as i am not him

i just personally think he’ll use her as oracle

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. He strikes me as a personality type that would be keen on a little trolling of us BG fans by invoking some sordid level of homage to Len Wein, even if it comes at the cost of my gurrrlll’s character development opportunities.

6 Likes

personally i dont mind him showing her as oracle as long as he shows her past as batgirl and respects it too

im gonna assume he wont have her get leg implants or whatever the explaination was (i forgot what the explanation was)

4 Likes

cass gonna be anywhere besides birds of prey ?

3 Likes

Yes. In my heart :heart:

5 Likes

thats a given
shes in mine as well

5 Likes

I like it and that they settled the debate by making none of them Batgirl but I also get not wanting to read it for that reason.

What is everyone’s stance on the Batgirls in WFA?

4 Likes

What’s the WFA?

5 Likes

i dont read wfa
not a webtoon guy

4 Likes

I really like Wayne Family Adventures, partly because it does get me back to the Gail Simone era of Oracle. Though I think what BG89 says is very true for the wider audience, and commercially, I think a trio of Batgirls with Babs being leader and trainer is the best way forward.

5 Likes

I :purple_heart: it! BG doesn’t even have to be the leader in title. They have such a wonderful hierarchy in their relationship now. Steph and Cass see BG as the mentor and respect her tenure in the cave and BG finally has two super duper wonderful younger sisters in her life. The trio’s defining dynamic is one built from love, trust, and a readily definable support mechanism. I absolutely love these three as a team and always will! WFA would do well to present this picture of the three in their storyline.

6 Likes

:blush::purple_heart:

6 Likes