The Complete Batgirl Appreciation Thread

:smiley::+1:

7 Likes

Hmm. I wonder why I would mistake this image for BG? :thinking::flushed:

I have beef with this image for two reasons-

• it totally takes away Cass’s distinctive and frankly awesome stealth look that she has spent decades defining herself in.

• it blatantly steals BG’s colors and papers over another Batgirl’s distinctive look.

Purple and gold has ALWAYS been one of BG’s signature color sets

It was developed specifically for Yvonne Craig by Batman '66 show costume designer Pat Barton and has been an option in her closet used by a number of artists and storytellers across several entertainment mediums for decades. Non comics fandom peeps will even recognize this as BG’s color set. I’m not making this point because I made a mistake- I’m illustrating a deeper point of how the trend to dis Barbara Gordon still continues within some of the corners of WB/DC to this very day. But it’s all good. They’ll never be able to keep my gurrrlll down.
:wink::smiley:
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :00_batgirl1:

8 Likes

I would dare say that when you count non-comics people, the purple and gold is Babs’s most recognizable look. My sister probably has no idea about Batgirl’s original comic book costume, but she would recognize the costume Yvonne Craig wore immediately!

4 Likes

I absolutely ADORE Cass and Steph.:purple_heart: They’ve both established crucial and extremely meaningful legacies in the DCU but what’s most important to me is that these two along with BG have a rock solid bond of Batsisterhood that can never be destroyed (and ya’ know Diana def appreciates that :00_wonder_woman_gold:). Why then do the haters gotta’ keep trying to shoehorn wedges in between these tried and true teammates?

6 Likes

I love Cass and Steph too! And I always loved that each Batgirl has their own individual personality and their own signature look. Their bond with Babs is great too. I don’t know why there are people out there who want to drive a wedge between the three of them.

5 Likes

Well, to quote Stewie from Family Guy…I guess this is the night that (bleep)s gonna perish

5 Likes

:purple_heart:

If they were asked about it BG, Cass, and Steph would all roll their eyes and be like “Ain’t no one breakin’ up this trio!” :triumph:
:00_batgirl_cass_cain: :00_batgirl1: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

I don’t see anyone out here in DCUI doing this but over in places like Reddit and other spots the haters just pile on BG and rail against the trio’s team up stories.

6 Likes

i do like when they team up (even if batgirls wasnt as good as i wanted it to be)
i think each batgirl should get a series of their own each focusing on a different crime (and then maybe dc could release a batgirl special where all 3 crimes tie in for them to team up at the end)

4 Likes

I absolutely :purple_heart: this!

5 Likes

That’s right!

That would be so epic!

5 Likes

fr if dc wanted to snipe ideas from their community pages i wouldnt mind

it would be sick

4 Likes

:fist_right: :fist_left:

:+1:

5 Likes

Unfortunately, it would leave them a bit too open for lawsuits, I think. The closest we can get would be something like Round Robin and the AMAs they do.

5 Likes

true i was messin around
obviously just stealing ideas even if it involves their characters would not be very legal or morally correct

5 Likes

This would def work.

5 Likes

Round Robin :-1:t3:

Batch Batgirl :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Fantastic!

5 Likes

Why not both? :smiley: Robins and Batgirls are friends! (And sometimes even the same person!)

7 Likes

We need a Steph as Robin figure. Can’t believe one still doesn’t exist yet.

5 Likes

We really do. And, quite frankly, Steph looked better in the Robin costume than anyone else…

4 Likes