The comic book section needs more then just Super Hero titles

Where are all the Sgt Rock comic ? or the Haunted Tank comic ? Where are the horror comics? These comic where popular in the 70’s and 80’s Why are they not represented in the comic book section?

3 Likes

Hell, while we’re at it, why not some of DC’s Vertigo or more of WIldstorm work, like Transmetropolitan or Gen13.

3 Likes

I started a thread asking if we should limit the movies and tv shows DC produces to just the superheroes or if they should use their catalogue of non-costumed characters. DC has so many characters in different genres. They have war, western, detective, romance and of course the funny animals and teenage or comedy characters. We could always put those characters in an elseworlds type section of the service.

Since I called my thread original series it didn’t get any replies.

1 Like

I’d like to see more of those other genres of comics as well as Vertigo and other DC imprints represented here as well. It would make a nice contrast to all the superhero fare.

1 Like

Yeah there were even Jerry Lewis and Bob Hope Comics back in the late fifties early sixties.

AnimalPerson you are preaching to the choir! Yes, where is SGT Rock? But how about these other long-time DC staples? The Challengers of the Unknown, The Metal Men, The Blackhawks, The Sea Devils, Rip Hunter: Time Master, The Unknown Soldier, Enemy Ace, The War That Time Forgot, The Losers, The Atomic Knights, Tommy Tomorrow, Captain Comet, Space Ranger, Cave Carson, The Original Suicide Squad, The Haunted Tank, Pow Wow (I know it’s not PC )Smith, The Newsboy Legion, The Boy Commandoes and finally–Rex the Wonder Dog? Some of these may sound silly and outdated to the younger fans, but I promise you, fight for these comics because you won’t believe the beautiful artwork they contain. And the horror and mystery comics back in the day weren’t too shabby either.

1 Like

All of those would be cool If they could add them to the comic book section