The Cassandra Cain Fan Thread

She fled from her planned future of being a weapon for others. She took up the symbol of The Bat, became the focus of the first ongoing Batgirl book. From weapon to orphan to friend…for everyone who loves this character.

9 Likes

So making a thread about One of my favorite characters and arguably my favorite female superhero of all time invites the possibility of me writing needlessly long posts about how amazing she is. I’ll contain myself as much as I could, but I promise nothing. :laughing:
Just give me time to read her stories again and write some drafts about them.
typing

7 Likes

Batgirl-Cassandra-Cain-Batman-classic-portrait-featured-1

6 Likes

Cass
if peak fiction could be described as a character that character would be named cassandra cain

6 Likes

I’d have to respectfully disagree. Cassandra Wayne!

Eek it’s a Cass thread! Someone else finally made one! I thought it would be too awkward for me to make it. I Iove Cass! Her story is so amazing and she’s so stinking cool to boot!

Screenshot_20230924_200929_Chrome

HappyCassy

6 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

5 Likes

Let me see how much love you have for dear Cass!

6 Likes

My favorite Batgirl! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

yes i know shes canonically part of the wayne family even if people want to somewhat disagree (everyone has their own idea of whats canon i aint gonna be mad at anyone)
but she doesnt really use wayne as her last name anyway
she is still cass cain even if i acknowledge her as a wayne

4 Likes

As a percentage? Infinity%

You asked for an essay, I’m on a time crunch so I’ll keep this short.

I absolutely love her character, she first appeared in a story you may have heard me mention called “No Man’s Land.” She was on the run from her past as a weapon. I love that she really cares about Batman’s mission and what the Bat represents. She joined the Batfamily because she supports the cause. She found a surrogate mother in Barbara and an adopted father in Bruce. She quickly befriended Stephanie Brown aka Spoiler and her future brother Tim Drake. Her greatest struggle was one Bruce had never faced before in his kids, she had no idea how to be a teenage girl (and let’s face it, neither does Bruce). She discovered that David Cain, a great assassin was her biological father and Lady Shiva, the greatest martial artist on earth, was her mother. She started protecting her own city. (Then there was a little dark period where, to quote Zoro, nothing happened.) Then she was adopted by Bruce Wayne and he put her in charge of her own team! She passed on the Batgirl mantle to her friend Steph, seeing that she needed it more. I love her character soo much! I didn’t even get into how awesome she is!

For the record, that was the short version.

5 Likes

understandable
shortening lore is hard but you did a alright job
you do not wanna see me talk about superboy thats for sure
personally my percentage of appreciation for cass would be infinity and beyond%

speaking of beyond imagine a cassandra cain batgirl beyond

4 Likes

Cass IS :100: Wayne Family. And it goes without saying she’s :100: BatFamily. She’ll probably take over the B-Man mantle before Terry does and be lead Bat for a nice long time. She’s now #1 the martial artist ahead of B-Man, Shiva, Dinah, and Kung Fu Master in :00_dc_2016: and she absolutely super wonderful! :purple_heart: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

6 Likes

add the fact that she tanked a hit from a new god and was able to hold her ground for more than 5 seconds (figuratively) against wonder woman recently

4 Likes

Good to know you’re a huge Cass Batgirl fan @wrrrryyyy12. She’s one of my favorite heroes of all time.

6 Likes

same here

shes up there with most of young justice for me

slobo is above them all and i wont listen to anything else

but i seriously love cass and her comics so much

5 Likes

Yep, and don’t nobody wanna’ have to go up against The Champion in battle.

It’s not like you just walk away after that encounter. More like hobble. :eyes: Cass did pretty well. :+1:
:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

fr

4 Likes

I want this so bad. I think I even asked @HubCityQuestion, who I recall as a fellow Cass fan, about it to be sure I hadn’t missed anything.

To be fair, she doesn’t really fit into that story retroactively so well. I can’t imagine her just sitting around while there is no Batman for decades.

She did appear once in Justice League the animated series though so she was in the DCAU. I wish that NML show with her had ended up happening. That was an amazing idea.

5 Likes

Y’all remember the time when Cass got the powers of SHAZAM?

6 Likes

the current earth 12 isnt the dcau and it combines elements of the dcau and main continuity so i believe retroactively she could work

and it would be sick to see a like who cares how old now cass with future tech

4 Likes