The Booster Gold Appreciation Thread

Was it this?

Whoops. The link didn’t work. I apologize.

I love the depth that the second half of 52 gives his character, especially given what’s set up in the first half of 52.
The early stuff…if you look at it straight on, it’s very easy to hate on Booster. But if you tilt it just a bit, there is a real Robocop style satires of the 80s excesses in there that can be entertaining. And I do find something oddly charming, in his first JLA appearance, where he explains that in his time equality of the sexes is a given so punching out a lady villain poses no moral quandaries.

After Supes and Wally West, Booster is my favorite dude!

I used to own the original Booster Gold run until, about this time, ten years ago my ex decided to swipe and sell em. Hence the “ex” part.

2 Likes

I never really gave much thought to booster gold. But after I finish Starman and Final Crisis I think I will read the series.

In the announcement thread of this week’s forthcoming comics, Booster Gold is listed!

However, the list mentions “1-47”. I’m hoping we do get the correct original Booster ongoing that ran for 25 issues in the 80’s before we get the remainder of his second ongoing.

Excited for more JLI in the next library update! I misremembered how many issues they were adding and just spent far longer than necessary investigating Comixology to figure out exactly which issues were or weren’t digitized. Basically, #93-113 (the end of the series) are missing, and most of the other gaps can be filled by picking up two of the collected editions. Issues #36, #41, and #42 are the only ones within those first ninety-two issues that don’t seem to have been digitized anywhere at all.

But basically, I need my Booster and Beetle. And all the other characters, now that I think about it, but especially Booster and Beetle.

1 Like