The Best Wonder Woman Movie: Poll

Hello everybody, I’m sure by now you’ve seen both Wonder Woman films. My question to you guys in a poll, which Wonder Woman film did you like the best? I’m only doing a poll on her solo films, Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Justice League does not count since she team up with other heroes.:slightly_smiling_face:

The Best Wonder Woman Film
  • Wonder Woman
  • Wonder Woman '84

0 voters

:wonderwoman:

7 Likes

Wonder Woman 2017
Wonder Woman 2009
Bloodlines

5 Likes

Aw, don’t make me choose! I know Wonder Woman 2017 is technically the better film in terms of story and cinematography and acting and directing and basically everything else, but despite all it’s flaws, I really do love '84.

5 Likes

Then have some fun. It is fun, not serious business picking one.

2 Likes

I think 84 had a better third act, but the '17 movie was better overall.

4 Likes

Hard choice. I liked both a lot. I’ll go with 84. I like the feel of the movie more. Also like the villains more than Ares in the first one.

4 Likes

It’s all just for fun.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Until the White Martians invade.

2 Likes

The squicky “Diana sleeps with a man who’s possessed by her dead lover” bit makes this choice easy for me. Plus, the first film is thematically richer than its sequel.

5 Likes

I vote against even being asked to choose

2 Likes

I vote we force you to choose against your will with the lasso wrapped around your tongue.

3 Likes

First one. It was, generally speaking, a more exciting movie. Plus, I like Diana better with the sword & shield. Then there’s the whole matter of questionable choices regarding body possession. WW84 was good, just not as good as the first one.

My vote would have gone to BvS anyway. Her introduction in the movie was epic.

3 Likes

I think it worked for that movie, given her mission to kill Ares, but I liked that in '84 there was a focus on her using her lasso. After all, that was her standard weapon for decades, and I think it made for some creative and innovative action scenes.

Totally agreed. Her introduction as both Diana and Wonder Woman was fantastic.

3 Likes

I can’t answer this poll. I liked them both equally, but for completely different reason. Just me?? :wonderwoman:

6 Likes

Meanie.

1 Like

I love both movies but I prefer Wonder Woman (2017)

1 Like

I understand you perfectly. Many people criticized WW84 and I still can’t see anything wrong with the movie. It’s not 100% comic book accurate, but the way I see it, no movie based on comics are.

5 Likes

Also, if you’re a child of the 80s like me, you grew up watching Diana in reruns of her TV show and Super Friends, where the lasso and invisible plane were her go to “tools”. Given the 80s theme, I thought the choice was appropriate. I still like the sword/shield/lasso combination much better though :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Exactly my thoughts! :purple_heart: It’s very different, but still really good imo. WW 2017 will always have a special place for me, but I’m not going to be disappointed just because they don’t serve up the same exact dish over and over. I’m also not a gatekeeper w/ comic accuracy. All I want is for the character to inspire me. I’m fond of variety—its why I’m a :dc: fan. :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

It was so hyped that it was impossible for some people to not be dissapointed.

4 Likes