The Best Voice of Lex Luthor

Who do you guys think did the best job voicing Lex Luthor in all of the animated movies and TV shows? For me, definitely Clancy Brown.

15 Likes

Clancy Brown, no question. Him as Luthor and Michael Ironside as Darkseid are up there with Mark Hamil’s Joker for me. Iconic.

11 Likes

Clancy Brown is the voice my mind comes up with when I read any comics. He’s perfection. But I LOVED Diedrich Bader’s Luthor in Superman: Red Son. He’s definitely my favorite movie performance.

4 Likes

I always read him in Brown’s voice. He not only nailed the power and fear but comedy. I am not just talking about his performance as Flash but his insults.

Hostage: Sorry, if I was just 20 years younger…
Lex: Then you’d still be ancient!

5 Likes

Clancy Brown, hands down.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m going to have to say Clancy Brown as well.

3 Likes

Not to be samey-same, but Clancy Brown for me too. To this day, I can’t read Lex without hearing Clancy Brown in my head. I grew up with Gene Hackman playing him in films, but there’s just something about Clancy Brown’s performance that hit all the right notes

3 Likes

The first voice of Lex Luthor that I remember was Stanley Jones on the Challenge of the Superfriends. I was a child when that came on in 1978. Then as an adult, I heard Clancy Brown as Luthor on the 1990’s Superman animated series. Clancy Brown played one of my favorite movie villains, the Kurgan in the original Highlander movie. He gave Lex Luthor that deep voice that I didn’t hear from the character before. I loved it.

4 Likes

clancy brown.

3 Likes

Another vote for Clancy Brown,

3 Likes

This man

5 Likes

Clancy Brown is of course the iconic voice actor for Luthor, but I’ll also give props to Rainn Wilson in the recent DC animated universe flicks (Death and Return of Superman, Hush, Apocalypse War) as well as James Masters in Death of Superman.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Ron Perlman as Orion.

1 Like

Yes. The holy trinity of DC voice actors. R.I.P. Michael Ansari aka Mr. Freeze.

2 Likes

I really don’t like Rainn Wilson. Clancy Brown wins by a landslide anyways though.

2 Likes

Gene Hackman (1978)

You mean Michael ANSARA. I always know him as my favorite OG Klingon from the original Star Trek series, Kang.

Yes. Thank you for the correction. He had a well traveled sci-fi acting career. From Lost in Space to Buck Rogers to Babylon 5, and many other shows. He was great at his craft.

He played the only Klingon to knock Captain Kirk on his behind, and live long enough to tell the story.

2 Likes

somewhere in the infinite DC multi -verse, Mr. Krabs runs the trillion dollar corporation Krabs Corp.

Like everything is the exact same as the DCAU but it’s just Clancy doing the Mr. Krabs voice.

3 Likes