The Best of Hellblazer

ATTENTION Hellblazer Fans!

Get Your news as it drops!

DC’s Mature Reader Imprint Black Label has announced this for Sept.

# Hellblazer: Rise an Fall 3 Issue Run.

What do we think?

I’m having a hard time with Johns Representation. Is it just me? A lot of time’s it really is JUST ME… so don’t be afraid to say so…

1 Like

I’m not that familiar with the writer but Darick Robertson is one of my favorite artists ever since his run on New Warriors in the 90s.

I hope this doesn’t replace the Spurrier series (even temporarily).

1 Like

He’s a lot like a lot of other popular superheroes in the sense that he comes in many forms. The whole series shows the life of a man whose literal and figurative demons follow him where ever he goes. Personally Hard Time was my favorite with Family Man being a close second.

1 Like

I love Darrick Robertson, but that face is a bit strange. I’m also worried about a non-Brit writing Constantine. Not that people who aren’t British haven’t had good runs on the character, I’m just concerned about the dialogue. While I’m genetically half-British, I was raised (and, y’know continue to live) in America. Point being, I don’t have an accent, and I’m not in any kind of position of authority on this matter. That said, I think fake English accents (both in writing and acting) are some of the easiest to spot. They just don’t sit right, even if you aren’t English, and they take you out of the story. The art’ll be fine. It’s one bad panel. The cover looks nice. I trust Robertson. I also trust Tom Taylor to write a good plot. I’m just worried about the dialogue.

1 Like