The Batman Viral Marketing ARG/Treasure Hunt...Begins!(?)

Screenshot_2022-01-26_21-35-55

hint to get started: google the capital letters: RATAALADA

P.S. please spoiler-blur any mentions of progress you make in case others want to figure it out on their own!

6 Likes

i already had to cheat el oh el

edit if you find the thing and solve the thing and then go back to the thing you’ll see a different thing

5 Likes

“The more I’m revealed, The less I exist”

Answer is “a secret”

5 Likes

I don’t know the answer… I don’t even know the question :grimacing:

5 Likes

“payback comes to all who except one”

Answer should be Bribe

4 Likes

i had to cheat on all the riddles! i think two of them don’t really make sense!

but the answers are “a bribe,” “an iceberg,” and as @Daredevil said, “a secret”

here’s the stuff people have found on the site so far, FULL SPOILERS!

Summary

and someone’s decoding the Riddler’s cypher (blurred for spoilers)

4 Likes

That last one had me stumped, can’t believe I didn’t think of that.

4 Likes

the Riddler is a dastardly villain indeed! even now i just GUESS the dressed up/rotten part refers to the Iceberg Lounge? it’s like you need additional material to solve it.

4 Likes

DC is really going the extra mile with the marketing for this movie. I don’t know who they expected to find this (especially clever movie theater employees?), but somebody did.

5 Likes

i love it!

rataalada’s changed, but it’s just static and i don’t know what i’m supposed to do

anybody into this might like to read up on the Dark Knight marketing ARG

3 Likes

spotted in…i can’t remember the town but it’s in England

“Bingle?” does that sound right? Bingleshire?

and according to a twitter guy, Little Caesars’ promotion includes mini posters

and he says they said there’s a new one each week, which is something i’d have lost my mind over when i was a kid

2 Likes

I’m trying my best to catch up and play this rataalada game, but I’m stuck. Has anyone figured this out yet? Are there clues hiding in the trailers maybe? Because one of the riddles answers were actually in the song “Something in the Way” by Nirvana.

2 Likes

according to the partial cypher key i reposted above, i have

e__ose more o_ gotham

i’m guessing “expose more of gotham”?

2 Likes

I got one today!

3 Likes

there are rumors that if you eat the poster it’ll taste like a new clue

well one rumor

4 Likes

How you get one? I submitted an entry on the website from the QR code.

3 Likes

Huh, the guy just gave it away at the counter.

Edit: Also, that Jorge Molina cover is great.

3 Likes

Next time I get one, I’ll have to ask! Thinking about getting one the night I go see the film with friends! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just a heads up Rataalada should be done loading by Tuesday.

4 Likes

Hmmm I’m not sure about that. As of 3/6 10:25 PM EST (~6 hours from your screenshot) it’s only gone up 3%. 3%/6hrs = 0.5%/hr, so assuming that the rate stays constant (and that you also happen to be using EST), it will take another 5.5 days to load to 100%. That brings us to 3/12, which should be roughly a week from when it started.

Though personally, I’d prefer if it sped up and finished loading by Tuesday :sweat_smile:

Edit: I redid my calculations using some other numbers I found on Reddit, and I keep getting that the percentage increases at a rate of ~0.6%/hour, meaning that the earliest we can expect it to finish loading will be Friday, 3/11. That might also make more sense, considering that this Friday would be one week from the theatrical release of the film.

4 Likes