The Batman: Part II - Ideas, Updates, Theories, etc

I just edit them to be the opposite of what they say. That makes them both accurate.

4 Likes

Wowww

5 Likes

That is amazing!

5 Likes

Apparently it’s just speculation.

4 Likes

the cake is a lie

5 Likes

Well in that case they are reliably unreliable :smiley:

3 Likes

Too bad, imo Batman movies should start going back into the fantastical as much as he is

5 Likes

(I wrote this as the script for a YouTube video, but it works here too.)

Recently, we learned that Matt Reeves has been sitting down with film makers and directors to make movies that go with Batman’s rogue gallery to expand the Batman universe that he’s created with the current three biggest names in their discussions being Scarecrow, Clayface, and professor Pyg. Now, I do love what Matt Reeves did with his version of Batman, but the question is how would characters like the ones I mentioned fit in his more grounded universe.

Now Scarecrow.

Scarecrow is a good idea and could work incredibly well, but I don’t want them to attempt to make the next version of 2019’s joker. If you’re gonna bring Scarecrow into this universe to be an antagonist for this specific Batman, then I wanna see him fight Batman.

Clayface would also be hard and the only reason it would work is because of the Superman movie Michael B Jordan is currently making. That movie, which is actually being called “Black Superman” no joke, is going to take place in the exact same universe has Matt Reeves’ Batman.

The final one is professor pyg and, yeah just no. Professor Pyg is a really good villain, but given what he does, he’s not ready for a cinematic debut.

Give him a couple more years.

I understand the idea of using less known Batman characters but if you’re gonna do that, do it in a TV show environment: Two part episodes with the first part being the villain’s origin and then the second part being their encounter with Batman and them getting sent to prison because if you do that right, you can basically have like The Batman 3 or The Batman 4 have a similar setup to Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City and boom! More money! See?

I just fine-tuned DC’s entire 12-year plan in 2 minutes!

If it’s done like that, you can either introduce major Batman villains who haven’t gotten a live action iteration yet, like Killer Croc and Hush, Batman villains who haven’t gotten accurate or even good portrayals in live action movies, like Poison Ivy and Talia Al Ghul, or the less known villains such as Lockup, Baby-Doll, Clock King, Kiteman, Copperhead, and many, many, more.

Now, I’m not against everything that’s currently being done with this iteration of The Dark Knight. I personally cannot wait for both the GCPD and the Penguin spin-off shows, but I do feel like more could be done with the creative opportunities this allows.
Hell, they’ve even already given us the potential for two face, Bane, and Hush to show up in future sequels.
I personally cannot wait to see what Matt Reeves does next.

4 Likes

Here, I’ll make you happy. Michael B. Jordan’s film “Black Superman” takes place in the same Universe as Matt Reeves’ Batman series, so they could make Clayface the hulking monster he is in the comics…

3 Likes

Interesting points, ngl!

4 Likes

5 Likes

Did… did you just meme me?

4 Likes

We’re just coming off of a Titans season that featured Crane as the main baddie and Cillian Murphy’s three time appearance as Crane in the Nolanverse is still pretty fresh in the non fandom moviegoers’ minds. Maybe it’s time to skip him in the rotation for now.

Very true, plus he just doesn’t have the notoriety with the non-comics fandom side of the audience that would secure solid engagement numbers for the movie.

Not if Reeves goes off of Basil Karlo’s original 1940s era origin storyline as the basis for the character.

Now, one could make a credible argument that Basil is not a strong enough character to carry the movie as the baddie, but in Reeves’ hands this notion could be rested pretty handily.

My vote is still with Victor F.

We’re far enough out now from the Batman And Robin film so that Reeves’ could really dig in and bring us a new take on him that would be compelling and one that audiences would really enjoy. :+1:

I can dig it! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

I agree, but Reeves needs to include one thing that most versions of Freeze have in common that even Batman And Robin (The most common form of exacution in Asia) did: the whole Nora thing. It’s what makes Mr. Freeze such a great character and adds to his motivation.

5 Likes

Agreed. Nora has to be in the mix or else it just won’t work. :+1:

:laughing:

5 Likes
4 Likes

I was referencing to a joke i had made about the Gotham Knights batgirl figure about not being anatomically correct in a certain area, compared to the game. Mcfarlane Superboy got a
big behind, but not Batgirl??

I had attempted to start a movement, calling for Batgirl’s figure to be corrected lol, hence #RebakeTheCake

6 Likes

Well, it is official. Clayface will be the villain or one of the villains in The Batman Part II. I’m curious how that’s going to work, considering the whole realism aspect of that universe :thinking:

6 Likes

I think she looks just fine in both representations.

5 Likes

Condiment King getting a very brief cameo

7 Likes