The Batman: Part II - Ideas, Updates, Theories, etc

Agreed!

2 Likes

Gunn says Holbrook not in contention for Harvey Dent role in TB2

2 Likes

Sounds like a weird thing to say. Is he now going to go through every actor in the world and say they are not getting the role?

2 Likes

I know, right?

(from the article)

“Bullsh^t. All new DC films are under DC Studios.”

"We won’t green light a film until we have a finished script we’re happy with… "

Dang. Somebody got real territorial there super quick when even a tiny bit of their perceived hierarchy was challenged.

(more from the article)
He’d later confirm that they have scripts for more than just SUPERMAN and Peacemaker season 2, but responded with “Nope” when someone asked if those were just Creature Commandos and Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.

OK then- if you’ve got the scripts for Peacemaker season 2 done and if you’ve been shooting give us a teaser image then. I mean, how long has it been now since season 1 aired? Yeah, cuz it’s more likely that he doesn’t have PM season 2 stuff ready to go. Mm hmm. BTW- here’s PM season 1’s airdates: Jan 13-Feb 17, 2022

In contrast:

"I have had so many wonderful collaborators to work with, and when you find someone who you love working with, you just wanna [say,] “Come on, please, let’s just keep working together. How much farther can we push it?'” Reeves said of his plans for The Batman 2 last summer.

“Whatever that story’s going to be, it’s going to be to take these characters and put them in some kind of emotional jeopardy,” he teased.

“There’s a deep-dive that already happened at the beginning and now I’m gonna have to deep-dive again.”
(Matt Reves from the article)

These^^^ sound like the upbeat words of a confident filmmaker who is on track and getting after it. Not making excuses, and not snapping at anyone who questions him. Oh, and he’s also about to release the Penguin streaming series he promised as well.

Y’know what y’all- gettin’ kinda’ tired of standing on ceremony for these project leaders who essentially haven’t delivered over the past ten years. We weren’t allowed to side eye Wedon when he delivered a clearly less than cutting it final product with JL, couldn’t say anything remotely critical of Snyder becuz “genius” :roll_eyes: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:, and now we’re just expected to toe the line as yet another savior is announced who will finally bring things into line and who’s methodology is not to be questioned. Welp, I’m not buying in this time.

Reeves is getting it done. Gunn is lashing out and doesn’t look to be delivering anything solid for a while, unless you count all the

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes