🎆 :batman: The Batman on HBO Max Watch-Along | April 20th at 5 PM Pacific/8 PM Eastern :batman: 🎆

@JusticeLeagueBookClub, @WorldOfBatsBookClub and all other Batfans rejoice, for The Batman’s April 18th HBO Max debut is here! :tada: :batman_hv_1: :sparkler:

If you’re willing to wait just a teeny-tiny bit longer however, you can join in for a Watch-Along of The Batman (where we watch the movie and chat about it right here) with your DCUI pals two days later, on April 20th.

Sounds like some riddle-solving, kitty cat-adoring, skull-cracking fun as only The Batman can provide, right? RIGHT! :batparrot: :confetti_ball: :fireworks:

Click/tap right here for the full details on how to participate and for how you can become vengeance, aka The Batman.

What we’re watching: The Batman, director Matt Reeves’ box office sensation of 2022 that will soon be viewable in your home, and in glorious 4K resolution with Dolby Atmos sound. :nerd_face: :drooling_face:

When we’re watching: Wednesday, April 20th at 5 PM Pacific/8 PM Eastern.

Where we’re commenting: In this thread and at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

Punctuality counts, as the show starts right on time. However, if you should run late, fear not, as we’ll happily get you caught up. :slight_smile:

Why we’re watching: Because The Batman rocked the theater scene, and now it will rock your house and you, as you watch with your DCUI amigos, amigas, buds, budskis, pals, homies, mes amis, compadres and the like!

Its time to party on, dudes and dudettes!
:champagne: :pizza: :coffee: :riddlerhqtas:

How we’re watching: The Batman is on HBO Max, so you’ll need an HBO Max subscription to participate, as we watch from there and comment here. :catwoman_hv_2:

Order in some Little Caesar’s pizza, add a question mark to your coffee, pet your kitties, give 'em treats, and…if you want to rock out at the Iceberg Lounge by doing your best Batusi before joining in? Go for it, sweetheart! :batparrot: :dancer: :man_dancing: :person_cartwheeling: :icebergpenguinhqtas:

I look forward to seeing you here, Patt Bat fans! :superman_hv_4:

Also, the below video is fresh from the official DC YouTube channel and highlights all manner of wicked-rad DC stuff on HBO Max, including our movie (which is quite choice :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:):

19 Likes

I’m not 100% sure I’ll be there, depends on if what’s going on with work and my injury, but if I’m able to be here for it, I’ll crash in like:

9 Likes

I hope you can make it, good sir. :+1:t2:

If work interferes, just say “I’m taking off early for a special event. Let Tibor handle the rest of my work, as he’s good for it.”

Tibor comes Homer-recommended and we all know his work ethic. :grin:

BTW, if you roll up in the Batmobile, can I joyride around in it?

Please?

fans a stack of Xeroxed Monopoly bills in a tempting fashion so as to sweeten the pot for a chance to drive the Batmobile

8 Likes

I’ve heard so many great things about it, and since my local first run theater was shut down years ago, I haven’t had much chance of going out to the movies. I’ll try to make it.

5 Likes

Hope to see you here on the 20th, @patterson65.37405! :batman_hv_5:

Spoiler: The movie is really good.

6 Likes

A few days ago at church, a friend of mine ask me how many time I’ve seen The Batman, I told him I saw it just one time, he jokingly said, “I don’t believe you.”
I said when it comes on HBO Max, I will be watching it more then once. :laughing:
And he said that’s better.
I told him I’m a fan of the Penguin, we both imitate Burgess Meredith, and I did a Colin Ferrell’s Penguin.

5 Likes

The sight of dueling Burgess Penguin impressions would make me smile. :nerd_face:

SN: Do your CF Penguin on Friday, chief. :wink:

4 Likes

Depending on what time the watch along starts, I may or may not make it since I work kind of early, but I still intend on seeing the movie.

5 Likes

The start time is above, but for easy reference here, it begins at 5 PM Pacific/8 PM Eastern. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I might be able to swing that. Thanks.

5 Likes

You’re welcome, and I hope to see you here.

Also, the grill and nacho bar will be installed next week (so as to be ready for the WAL festivities the week after), so bring your appetite, because steak (or whatever grilled grub floats your boat) and nachos pair beautifully with this movie. :clinking_glasses:

4 Likes

Thought I’d bump this up for some good news! Apparently The Batman will be coming out a little earlier than expected, on the 18th!

So, uh…I’ll probably have already watched it again before this WAL. Sorry not sorry. :eyes:

5 Likes

Nifty! Thank you for the newly-amended date. :superman_hv_4:

No worries. I know I’ll be seeing it again, prior to the WAL.

At least the Batman and Penguin chase scene, that is. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Fresh from HBO Max’s YouTube channel to your eyeballs:

5 Likes

I’ll be here!

6 Likes

Woo! @DC89 is in the hizzoose!

Party up in this joint! :partying_face: :tada: :sparkler:

5 Likes

It’ll be great to have you join us!:slightly_smiling_face:

:penguin_smirkhqtas:

5 Likes