The Batman 2021

Honestly, regardless of whether or not you think Pattinson will be a good Batman, I NEED The Batman to happen. It will be the first time we’ve had a large selection of Bat-Rogues on screen since the 1966 film. The first major villain team up film (Suicide Squad being more of an Anti-Hero Affair and Lego Batman being mostly for laughs and having little impact on plot). I know this was just a rumor, but I still hold the casting of Adam Driver as Dr. Crane as almost perfect. My imagination caught fire at the thought of Kylo Ren playing Scarecrow. When you think about it, they both even share a similar theme of using fear and identity to mask their insecurity behind an inhuman visage.

3 Likes

Yeah. I actually like Pattinson as an ACTOR like in Remember me. He plays drama well. In Twilight yeah ik tons of people hate on it because it was a fad. But like if you read the books he plays the role well in tune with the source material. So I’m optimistic he will play a Bruce Wayne well. I’m actually more nervous about it being full of rogues. I feel that’s been played out and I think DC kind of should stop trying to force the universe together so fast. However I really wanna see a new batman done well so I hope it’s good.

2 Likes

I would argue that the Gotham Rogues are well known enough to be easily understood. This isn’t a Marvel movie with D Tier Villains like Baron Zemo and Dr. Klaw, these are characters with long, storied careers in media outside comics. Batman’s Rogues Gallery is the only villain group you COULD do this with. In Films with Theatrical Runs alone, you’ve had six Jokers, three Catwomen, two Penguins, two Two-Faces, two Riddlers, two Banes, Freeze, Ra’s, Talia, Ivy, Harley, Falconey, Maroni, and Scarecrow. Hell, we now even have two movie versions of Zsasz. At this point, I think we can, if you’ll pardon the expression, skip the foreplay. Besides which, this sounds like it will also spotlight Arkham as a whole. Imagine all the Easter Eggs.

2 Likes

Huhh?

1 Like

You were implying that you didn’t want to rush to a big villain team up movie.

1 Like

6 Likes

Lego Batman is awesome, but we barely see the villains strut their stuff. Where’s the fear gas and freeze rays?

2 Likes

Just a note, that list is outdated. Colin Ferrell has been confirmed to be playing Penguin while Paul Dano has been confirmed to be our Riddler.

I’m really looking forward to this film

EDIT: Also, Andy Serkis is playing Alfred Pennyworth, John Turtoro is Carmine Falcone

5 Likes

Wait, Dick is in it?!

(I’d say I’m sold, but last time Dick was on the big screen…)

2 Likes

I doubt it, read the list. Its bogus.

1 Like

So much for my batman cast thread

1 Like

Considering this is wrong about Alfred, Penguin, Riddler and Falcone, I wouldn’t put much faith in it being right about anyone else besides Bruce, Selina and Gordon, or even that all of these unconfirmed characters will show up at all

1 Like

Wait what happened to Collin Farrell as the penguin?

1 Like

I’m really excited for this movie. Knowing Dick Grayson is in it only adds fuel to my fire. I was hoping that this Batman would be almost a prequel of sorts to the DCEU Batman. I also hope b they make spin-off Nightwing movie. He’s easily my favorite DC character. I mean Nightwing is a fan favorite, it’s about time he gets a solo movie. Sorry to kinda change topics. I’m still really excited for the new Batman movie

Yeah, and Andy Serkis is playing Alfred, so I don’t trust this thread.

I won’t pick apart anything u said. I just love that u said I Need this to happen. I totally get that. I need a Jack Kirby 4th world movie to happen. I share your enthusiasm for this movie tho, no matter who’s in it.