The Bat and the Cat - should they or shouldn't they?

What do you think?

They should. Wouldn’t mind seeing Batman team up with Catwoman permanently after Damien leaves the nest. Interesting dynamic.

2 Likes

Never. I like my Batmat forever alone and brooding, who when on the brink of giving himself over completely, tragedy rears its ugly head and he
renews his vow of solitude.

1 Like

They should. Batman needs some character growth (Tom King has been good about that) and something that’ll stick with his character for iterations to come other than killing off another Robin

Absolutely. Comics are fluid and even if they were to wind up together, it doesn’t mean it has to be forever. I think it would make for some interesting new ground to cover with the dark knight. Tom King’s run has been amazing and has proven it could work.

1 Like

Yes and no! Batman wouldn’t be batman if he wasn’t brooding. But everyone’s waiting for it! I think they should get together for a while, but then split back up. Maybe they split up because of mutual reasons and resume something very similar to their usual dynamic. Then there’d still be the tension between the two… Just with a little more depth!

2 Likes

Yes they should!!! I want Batman to move forward and having him married to Selina would be great!

1 Like

This is a definite should be. No doubt. They’ll struggle to be but in the end I think they’ll finally be together. Looking forward to that Bat and Cat crossover. Will probably take a while but either way I’ll be here waiting excitedly.

No. This is Batman’s coming out story

Definitely. While I still was very moved by Batman #50, I thought it would have been natural and narritively exciting to see them get married.

2 Likes

They should have in #50…

But not now. A guy like Bruce doesn’t just forgive being left at the altar.

2 Likes

It would be about time but as people on this thread said they like their Batman single and brooding. I like my Cat single and constantly flirting. It’s one of her best weapons for getting out of jams, and suckering others into doing her bidding and getting what she wants.

It doesn’t matter. They were SUPPOSED to. That’s how it was advertised, how it was building up. And then it was ruined.

3 Likes

Yes. Comics should move forward always. Doesn’t mean it will last forever but they should be together.

3 Likes

My issue is don’t promote it full scale then pull the rug out. How many people stop buying batman after that. Will those people go back to batman or will they go with something else. The marketing of it was messed up. It pissed me off for weeks. I eventually went back to reading it but many more dropped it completely.

Well the wedding didnt happen thanks to the best man lol