The Adventures of Superman!

Faster than a speeding bullet! More powerful than a locomotive! Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Look up in the sky! It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Superman!

I love The Adventures of Superman radio show. Being on the road a lot, it gives me hours of endless enjoyment. The lessons that the radio show taught helped shape our world for the better. If you don’t believe me just ask the Clan of the Fiery Cross what they think about our Kryptonian pal.

While DC’s history has not always been on the forefront of progress, I believe that the message throughout the publication’s history has helped push for equity of all citizens of the world. Creating an easier path for truth and justice.

With the proper context being given to DC’s past, please share your favorite early DC media! Whether that be serials, radio, or television! I would love to hear about the pre 1970s DC media that has given you joy.

Brought to you by PEP cereal! PEP! P-E-P! PEP! PEP! PEP!

7 Likes

While it is not DC, I love the Dick Tracy radio show. Random facts about Dick Tracy, Bob Kane was inspired by Dick Tracy and that can be seen in early Batman, especially the rogue gallery. Also, Dick Tracy was interrupted to break the news that Hitler died.

Back to DC, I too enjoy the radio show. I also have fond memories of watching Adventures of Superman with my grandmother as a kid. I was already a Superman fan and would watch Super Friends but the great kid memories are those old black and white episodes. I also watched a lot of Batman 66 at her house.

2 Likes

All of those are fantastic! Dick Tracy is a cool character! I have never had the chance to listen to his show. I’ll have to get my hands on that Hitler episode! I have a few old Dick Tracy books that belonged to my granddad. Apple gave us the original radio watch. I’m still waiting for the video watch!

Your grandma’s house sounds like it was the place to be as a kid haha.

1 Like

The episode of Dick Tracy with the Hitler newsflash is “The Case of the Empty Safe”. They say he died of a stroke which incorrect. However, he did die so it was a great day for the world!

1 Like

I’ll definitely give it a listen! Indeed it was a great day for humanity.

1 Like

We’d love to have you stop by the club anytime!

I am a big fan of Old Time Radio and I have always wanted to listen to The Adventures of Superman. I suppose I should soon! I can imagine how excited kids in the Forties to hear the adventures of the Man of Steel on the radio.

My first exposure to DC media was the 1966 Batman. I loved the show (well, I still do), as well as the Filmation Saturday morning cartoons (Superman, Aquaman, Batman, et. al.). It is little wonder that the first comic book I ever read (and not long after I learned to read, at that) was a DC comic!

2 Likes