The 52 Book Club: Week Twenty-Six

Hello and Welcome to the 52 Book Club, where each week we cover an issue of the critically acclaimed maxi-series as we celebrate its 15th anniversary!

This week we’ll be covering issue #26 which is written by the Quadrinity (is that a word? I think I might have invented a word) of Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison.

The Black Marvel Family sits down to dinner with the Sivana Family, but an uninvited guest crashes the bizarre party.

LINK: 52 #26

Let us know what you think about this issue and the series up to this point down below! And if you want to catch up, you can by checking out the hashtag 52-book-club!

2 Likes

If quadrilogy is a word (in a way), then quadrinity certainly should be. You’ve got my vote!

2 Likes

So this Swanky Club is now only in the Kryptonian science Council?

1 Like

Nah – just writing it up ahead of time so I can just move it over to clubs and events on the day.

2 Likes

ooooooo

And now it’s up for everybody! Looking forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts. :smiley:

1 Like

I very much enjoyed the kookiness of the Black Adam family having dinner with the Sivana family minus their evil dad.

I guess you always have to have a talking friendly dangerous anthropomorphized animal as part of the Marvel team!

Note to self: Congratulations! I made it, I’m halfway through the series 52 for the second time.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole family dinner thing was very interesting. I was surprised by the family dynamics of the Sivana family, if not just because I’m kind of surprised that Sivana ever got laid in the first place, let alone sired children. I wonder what stories created those characters.

And congrats! Me too! :smiley:

1 Like