The 52 Book Club: Week Thirty

Hello and welcome to the 52 Book Club, where every week we read an issue of the acclaimed mini-series in celebration of it’s 15th Anniversary!

This week we’ll be reading issue #30, written by the usual suspects of Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns, Mark Waid and Grant Morrison, with art breakdown by Keith Giffen and finishes by Joe Bennett. This issue also has a Secret Origin back-up featuring the Metal Men written by Mark Waid and drawn by Duncan Rouleau.

Whatever happened to the caped crusaders? Find out in Week 30, which features appearances by Nightwing, Robin, the new Batwoman and Bruce Wayne!

LINK: 52 #30

If you want to keep up with us or start from the beginning, you can follow us with the hashtag #52-book-club.

Looking forward to discussing this issue with you guys. :smiley:

1 Like

Hard to see Vic suffering like that. I liked the meeting between Nightwing and Batwoman. I’m glad Tim found Bruce. Hopefully, he can get him back on track.

1 Like

bookmarked

1 Like

Wow I don’t recall this particular side road of Batman mythology going too many places later, the guy with eyes on his fingers etc.

Very nice first meeting between Batwoman and Nightwing, although the initial flirting made no sense.

But maybe that’s how people talked 15 years ago when they first met each other during a fierce battle lol.

Although that line about red heads before the scene above did sound an awful lot like 2021 @Vroom lol

2 Likes

Well, Nightwing and I do have a lot in common, so it stands to reason that would remind you of me. :wink:

2 Likes

2 Likes

I told ya. Nightwing and I are like this. :crossed_fingers:t2: :0_nightwing:

2 Likes

The Ten Eyed Man does come back later on during Grant Morrison’s run of Batman, specifically the issue before the RIP arc.

I mean, it’s kind of understandable – these super-hot, athletic thrill seekers often meet while the adrenaline is pumping, you’d think there would be a lot more random hook-ups in superhero comics. Not between Dick and Kate, of course, but still.

Again, I believe Grant Morrison would address it again in Batman & Robin.

2 Likes