The 52 Book Club: Week Thirty-Six

Hello and welcome to the 52 Book Club, where each week we read an issue of the critically acclaimed series in celebration of its 15th anniversary!

…Well, usually. As I was writing the thread for this week’s issue I quickly realized that I completely forgot to do one last week! :open_mouth: :sweat_smile:

Sorry about that guys. I don’t know how it slipped my mind, but it did. I’ll make sure that it doesn’t happen again.

ANYWAY! Here’s the thread for issue 36, written by the usual gang of Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns and Mark Waid, with art breakdowns by Keith Giffen and finishes by Jamal Igle. This issue also has a Secret Origins back up of Power Girl written by Waid with art by Adam Hughes.

Lobo finally cuts loose when the gang of spacefaring heroes confronts Lady Styx. Also in Week 36, the death of Animal Man?! Back on Earth, to save a different life, Renee Montoya decides to leave Gotham for a trip to the Himalayas.

LINK: 52 #36

If you’re just joining us or are catching up, you can follow us with the hashtag 52-book-club.

Looking forward to discussing this issue with everyone. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very sad to see Buddy die, and that his wife sensed it. Renee’s quest to save Vic is heart wrenching as well.

Well I’m holding out hope for Buddy / Animal Man, but it was a crazy time in DC history for sure.

It’s amazing how much you can forget in 15 years. I love the scene of where Rip Hunter is hiding from evil Skeets.

1 Like