The 52 Book Club: Week Thirteen

Hello and welcome to another installment of the 52 Book Club, where each week we read an issue of the critically acclaimed maxi-series!

First off, sorry for the delay. I’ll get better at putting this up on Monday as it should be.

But you don’t want to hear me apologizing and making excuses, so let’s start reading issue 13, written by Mark Waid, Greg Rucka, Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison, with breakdowns by Keith Giffen and art by Todd Nauck with a back-up exploring the origin of Elongated Man by Waid and Kevin Nolan!

The Cult of Conner tests its ability to resurrect the dead—but will Ralph Dibny hinder their efforts or help? And what will Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Metamorpho have to say about his decision? Week 13 in the DCU’s missing year!

Link: 52 #13

Let us know your thoughts down below! And if you’re seeing this for the first time and want to start from the beginning, be sure to check out the hashtag 52-book-club!

2 Likes

I slacked off and am now behind.

3 Likes

I’ve been there before! It’s all good in the hood. You can share your thoughts on past threads you missed or just blurt it all out here, whichever you prefer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prefer to keep it to the thread in question.

2 Likes

This issue makes me feel so bad for Ralph! Did he imagine hearing Sue’s voice? I like how Isis is restraining Adam’s killer instinct.

1 Like

The parts with Isis were fantastic, moving and very inspirational. We still have lots of work in the world that need lots of support.

The part was Ralph was very sad and who knows what all of this means. I forget what happens with this next, but I’m very well aware of where the Isis Black Adam story is going in the next several months on this. One of the ugliest series I’ve ever seen, something called World War III, pops up after this.

1 Like

Crazy issue. Watching Ralph go back and forth thru so many emotions was heart wrenching. I loveed GLs part in this story. when he subdued Cassie, it made me think of all the reasons I love the character. As much a fan of Black Adam as I am, I just cant get with Isis as a character. as a natural born cynic, shes just a lil to hopeful for me. Still loving this story tho.

2 Likes