The 52 Book Club: Week Six

Hello and welcome to another installment of the 52 Book Club, where every week, in celebration if it’s 15th anniversary, we’re delving into an issue of the critically acclaimed series by industry titans Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka and Geoff Johns!

This week, as you can see from the header, we’ll be looking at issue six.

Celebrity superhero Booster Gold continues to sell out, in terms of corporate sponsorship and far more unethical examples. Meanwhile, Green Lanterns Hal Jordan and John Stewart confront Black Adam about his new, violent policies!

Link can be found here: 52 #6

Let us know what you think down below!

2 Likes

Bookmarked for the weekend.

If I could only remember what I read 15 years ago…

2 Likes

I see that Manthrax shops at the Marvel store.

(Okay, fine, Booster provides him the suit, but still…)

2 Likes

Another well-thought out issue! The Great Ten are a welcome breath of fresh superhero air, the addition of international laws needing to be respected by Galactic cops, great! The use of only a handful of plotlines worked nicely too.

Screenshot_20210619-135327_Chrome

DC still seems to love cryptic black or white boards to entice readers to stick around.

1 Like

I noticed that too, though I think this is actually the first instance of it, which is pretty significant. We’ll see some more of this within this series, as well as other weekly titles. Hell, I remember even Marvel uses this a couple times, like the near end of Bendis’ run of Avengers.

1 Like