The 52 Book Club: Week Nine

Hello everyone! Welcome to the 52 Book Club, where every week we read an issue of the celebrated weekly series by industry titans Geoff Johns, Mark Waid, Greg Rucka and Grant Morrison!

As you can read from the title, this week we’ll be exploring issue number 9, by the aforementioned writers, with art breakdowns by Keith Giffen and pencils by Shawn Moll. There is also a back-up of the history of the DC Universe written and drawn by Dan Jurgens.

It’s family versus family as John Henry Irons confronts Lex Luthor about the man of Steel’s more literal look. In space, Adam Strange, Starfire and Animal Man find themselves in a situation oddly reminiscent of another Odyssey of the lost!

Link: 52 #9

Let us know your thoughts down below!

1 Like

Also, from that issue blurb, I can’t look at a phrase “family versus family” seriously again after all the Fast 9 memes.

Bookmarked for Saturday.

1 Like

What is the official start of the week? or because this is more unofficial, it’s officially whenever you remember.

1 Like

Typically I post a new thread every Monday – except I think this last time, because my schedule was so bonked during 4th of July week stuff I forgot what day it was. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I like the two score and twelve gates of heaven. I forget what the giant called them, but I am more enamored with the two score and twelve.

A liitle too much time on the fight between Natasha and her Uncle, but the hunter planet subplot moved along nicely.