The 52 Book Club: Week Fourteen

Hello and welcome to the 52 Book Club, where we read an issue of the beloved maxi-series every week for its 15th anniversary!

This week we’ll be reading issue 14, written by Geoff Johns, Mark Waid, Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison, with art breakdowns by Keith Giffen and art by Dale Eaglesham. This also includes a “Secret Origins” back-up for Metamorpho written by Mark Waid and drawn by Eric Powell.

The Question and Renee Montoya arrive in Kahndaq, home to a new king and queen: Black Adam and Isis! As Steel attempts to deal with the repercussions from his physical alterations, Dr. Will Magnus begins to show his mettle.

Link: 52 #14

Let us know what you think of this issue down below! And if you’re just joining us or you’re missing something, check out the hashtag 52-book-club!

2 Likes

No Ralph this week. Renee and The Question are in some trouble. I do enjoy their interactions. Steel is on the cover but not much content with him. I am sorry for what John Henry is going through. The return of Mercury was nice to see.

Bookmarked for Saturday, what a nice coincidence I stumbled upon this.

1 Like

I enjoyed issue #14. I’m love, love, loving the Renee/ Question story! You can feel her frustration with the situation. Mysteries usually drive me cray cuz I’m so impatient… not this one. I’m enjoying going thru each step of their journey. Also, this story produced the best line in the series so far…“There’s no such thing as crazy, Renee…just behavior that society has deemed unnacceptable.” That is great!
The government stooges were great…a couple of d bags. You really get a glimpse at what broken man Magnus is.He just wants his Metal Men to work and the rest of the world to just leave him alone. I feel for the guy.
Steel’s story is good. I’m not a Steel fan but, I have trouble with the disrespect coming from Natasha. Luthor is playing them and thats what makes him such a great villain.
Overall a good issue, cant wait for issue #15

1 Like

Entertaining light-hearted issue, JayKay. I didn’t feel like I was at a funeral very much this time around.

One of my favorite scenes for whatever reasons was the kooky Villain at Haven who starts freezing people and then is easily dispatched.

The person subduing the villain could just as easily said, " Just another day being a Mod on DC Community" LOL.f

2 Likes

“This book is pushing an agenda–!”

“Release the hounds.”

:rofl:

2 Likes