The 52 Book Club: Week Forty-Nine

Hello and welcome to the 52 Book Club, where each week we read an issue of the acclaimed series in celebration of it’s 15th anniversary!

This week we’ll be reading issue 49, by the usual creative team of Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, Greg Rucka and Mark Waid, with art breakdowns by Keith Giffen and finishes by Eddy Barrows. This issue also features a Secret Origins back up featuring the JSA written by Waid and drawn by Don Kramer.

The JSA come to Oolong Island to retrieve Black Adam from the Science Squad, who don’t plan to give him up so easily! Thankfully, some help comes from one of the supervillain scientists, who may not be as mad as he seems.

LINK: 52 #49

If you want to see the threads for previous issues, check out the hashtag #52-book-club

Looking forward to discussing this issue with you all!

2 Likes

Hurray for the Metal Men! I have always liked them. What will Black Adam do now?

1 Like

Egg Fu cracks me up in this issue.

See, this is why I shouldn’t comment in these threads.

3 Likes

This issue was definitely worth the wait! I mean the mind boggles when I realize I’m talking about something published 15 years ago that I already read. But it all seemed surprisingly new to me, what do you think about that?

1 Like

Who said that?! Whoever they are, they’re wrong!

2 Likes