The 52 Book Club: Week Eighteen

Hello and welcome to the 52 Book Club, where each week we read an issue of the acclaimed series in celebration of it’s 15th anniversary!

This week we’re reading issue 18, written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Mark Waid and Greg Rucka, with art breakdowns by Keith Giffen and finishes by Eddy Barrows. It also features a back-up Secret Origin story of The Question, written by Mark Waid and drawn by Joe Bennett.

A hero’s funeral, an appearance by Shadowpact, a new bearer for the helmet of Fate! The action continues in Week 18 of the year-long series by writers Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka and Mark Waid!

LINK: 52 #18

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

1 Like

I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can

1 Like

I enjoyed this issue. Fate is one of my favorite characters. If seems we’re back to desperate Ralph. I really feel for him. His despair comes thru loud and clear. I’m also liking Detective Chimp more and more. Funny how a chimp is usually the most grounded character in his scenes. And once again I have to state how much I dig Renee! She couldn’t care less about Black Adam or his medal. I think she might be the single most believable character in comics. Who hasn’t had those nights of “drunkenly taking pleasure”?