That Blue Beetle film announcement.

What are yur thoughts? I think the idea is a good one. I dont have too much knowledge on Jamie Raymes himself, but itll be a cool movie to see.

4 Likes

Rayes***

Huh? When was that announced?

1 Like

https://www.thewrap.com/jaime-reyes-blue-beetle-latino-superhero/

1 Like

It doesn’t interest me but hope it works out for DC

That’s f’n awesome!

1 Like

I’m more of a Ted kord guy

They announce a freakin blue beetle movie but still no Batman or Superman movie :man_facepalming:

I think they are avoiding Superman and batman and giving us the less known heros then maybe in 5 or 10 years

1 Like

The Batman is still coming

1 Like

I won’t hold my breath anytime soon

Last I read, the film is scheduled to go into production in 2019 for a 2020 release.

1 Like

They better start casting soon because I haven’t heard anything

It’s about time.

1 Like

Jaime is my favorite Blue Beetle and so I’m sure glad they’re using him. I like Ted Kord though and I’m sure he’ll appear. Kinda like Hank Pym in the Ant-Man films

4 Likes

Nifty. More characters on the big screen are always welcome.

3 Likes

Yeah Matt Reeves said he will be done with the script early 2019. Go into production summer 2019. So I assume late 2020 or early 2021 release. Let’s cross our fingers that Ben is acting as Batman. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

So are we getting a Booster movie also? If not, well I guess Blue will do but not in a bad way.

1 Like

Having Booster at the end would be neat. An offscreen voice says to Jaime “You’re not the first Blue Beetle kid. Let’s take a hop into the timestream and I’ll show you.” or something to that effect.

3 Likes

@bizzarr1000, I once read ( not from anything authoritative, just stuff on the internet) that it’s possible that Charlton didn’t secure the live action movie or TV rights to their characters from the creators, and if they didn’t have them then DC couldn’t have bought them from them. That would mean no Ted Kord, no Question, no Captain Atom in live action movies. I don’t know if it’s true, though.

I’ve long thought that one of the goals of the DCEU was to open up their stable of heroes beyond Clark and Bruce. Why else go ahead with dead-ending Clark’s story and a Batman who was dealing with a midlife crisis and getting ready to hang it up?

2 Likes